Fighting For A Chance

A/N: Sorry for the delay! Ok, first of all, shout out to @HazehanaMonousagi for making me an awesome cover! Like it's amazing. Second, this book is cut into 2 parts; the first part currently is planned to be around 30 chapters, give or take. Phew, look how far we've gone!

I immediately went after Alex the next day to show him of my new found skills. I might've tried to attack him in the process. To say the least, he wasn't very impressed.

Rubbing his arm where I had just headbutted him mere seconds before, Alex glared at me. Well, sort of glared. We were still at school, so he still had his fake smile plastered on his handsome face. But his eyes were quite murderous if one were to look carefully. Besides him, Alice was giggling gleefully.

"So you've managed to unlock your aura I see," he whispered sarcastically. I grinned. It was an exhilarating feeling, the energy rushing through my body and feeling as if I had flown. I didn't get exhausted after running a mile anymore, which was a bonus.

Alex just rolled his eyes at my antics and said, "You do realize you are still going to get your butt kicked, right?" My shoulders slumped at his words- perhaps I had gotten a little overconfident.

He gave a laugh. Was it just me, or did that laugh sound evil? I gave a slight shudder as I listened on. "It's time for the real training to start."

Fast forward a couple of days, I was now laying on the ground with my face facing the sky, trying to catch my breath. Meditating helps boost your aura and energy, but it can only go so far. You also have to put the skills into real life.

"Again," Alex called out, his voice arrogant and filled with confidence. From the background, I could hear the three girls clapping and cheering, eating all of my ice cream. Traitors.

With a grunt, I lifted myself up, my legs a little wobbly. Then, focusing and releasing my aura, I ran towards Alex, and with a swift kick, my foot landed on his body. Only it was already caught in his hand. Struggling to get my foot away from his grasp, he twisted my ankle, causing my to let out a yelp. Then, with a smooth movement, he tossed my foot like it was nothing, resulting in my body- yet again- to be on the floor.

I gave a groan from the pain and the frustration. The worst thing was, I knew this wasn't even a fourth of his strength. It was expected from the previous champion, but the losses still stung. I absolutely hate losing.

"Lunch time!" Felicity's voice rang out, lightening up the atmosphere. Quickly, I jumped up and ran to where the girls were standing. I was famished. I sat down on the benches placed in the middle of the garden, typically used for tea parties but has since become my training ground. My father had agreed to the whole ordeal, only giving Alex a light glare and a threatening pat on his back. Alex's expression was absolutely priceless.

Reaching for the sandwich-thank god most of the food here was similar to the ones back home- I quickly took a bite. I felt hands on my shoulders, causing me to tense up, but when I realized their intentions, I quickly relaxed again.

"How does that feel?" Alice asked, kneading her magic hands between the muscles of my shoulders. I gave a pleasured sigh. Her hands were literally magic; the light gives her slight healing powers, which did wonders for my body.

"What about me?" Alex called from behind me, sounding like he was pouting. He walked up to Alice, who gave him a light peck on the cheek (*sorry for destroying your hopes and dreams*), before settling down in front of me, pouring himself some tea.

I had gotten used to their displays of affection by now. At first, all I wanted to do was gag and walk away, but now I found it sort of cute. Especially since Alex only shows real happiness around Alice. The three of us had formed some sort of odd, tentative friendship, with me and Alex only standing each other due to Alice. And Alice, well, let's just say if I was a guy, I would have stopped at nothing to steal her for myself. Seriously. She is the kindest person I have ever met, and her attempts at teasing will never fail to amuse me.