The Colour Red

We were under the gray covers of Yoongi's bed, my arm wrapped around his shoulder as we laid in a comfortable silence after a draining day of classes.

"Hoseokkie, are you awake" Yoongi whispered quietly into the darkness as I opened my eyes gently as I looked at Yoongi, his hair splayed across the pillow and looking at the ceiling.

"Can't get to sleep either?" I asked questioningly in the softest voice I could.

"Something is on my mind" Yoongi mumbled, turning his head to face me, his gaze meeting mine through his now mint green fringe.

"What does the colour red look like" He splurted out. Oh, I forgot to mention, my boyfriend Min Yoongi is blind. Has been since birth but that could never stop me from loving him.

"Well," I began thinking for a moment before continuing. "The colour red is the colour you feel when someone you love hugs you, kisses you. The colour you feel when you hurt so much you feel like you are about to snap. The colour of the blood that rushes to your cheeks when you admire someone so much, that when they speak to you you can't help but just feel that feeling, the feeling of red. It warm temperature that engulfs your body into dull flames and makes you feel warm at night. A colour can be all of those things. It can be beautiful, it can sting, it can burn but it can never touch you. Never. A colour is something you feel, experience even. You are my red. You make the blood rush to my cheeks, you make me feel warm at night, your love can hurt but it will never be able to touch me because the colour red is strong. Just like you, Yoongi-hyung. You are my red" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------