ONE

BROWS FURROWED IN IRRITATION, she gnawed at her bottom lip - it was a bad habit of hers. She sighed frustratedly. She'd have to open it. No matter how much she didn't want to. She could always lie, say she didn't get in...but she didn't want to disappoint him.

She hated the thought of that.

Her brother had done so much for her, the least she could do was try and make him proud. She pondered for a minute; thinking over the pros and cons of the situation. On the one hand she wouldn't have to go. But that was selfish and she had been raised better than that. Then there was the thought of being near her beloved friends and brother. But they'd be busy with their own things. She didn't want to be the annoying person who would ask and beg for attention all the time.

She'd learn so much there - things she'd only dreamed of doing as a child. And her brother would be so happy to see her get what he'd never had. He'd be so proud of her.

Sighing in defeat, she tore the top of the envelope off carelessly and tugged the parchment out from its casing. She inhaled deeply, mentally preparing herself for what was about to come. Delicately unfolding the letter, she grew more nervous as the fact that the way she spent her next three years depended on the words she read next dawned on her. And that scared her. The fact that a few simple words held that much power scared her beyond belief.

Muttering a string of curse words, she closed her eyes and counted to ten. That was something she'd always done when she was stressed.

Her brother thought it was stupid. In his opinion it just reminded her how to count. That was quite a good point to be fair - though she would never admit it in front of him. Oh, the thought of his already gigantic ego becoming impossibly bigger.

She smiled to herself. They'd always been sarcastic towards one another, that's what made them almost inseparable. Growing up, her sibling had taught her how to defend and attack people. With words. The simplest yet possibly most powerful force of destruction. With the ability to strip someone clean of their walls they'd built against their feelings, she'd been fascinated at how she could use them. To attack people who'd attacked her and to defend not only herself but the people she loved too.

She'd learnt that years ago and as she grew up with her brother by her side, she herself had been stripped clean of her own walls.

Her blood ran cold at the memories and a wave of chills were sent sprinting down her spine. As she thought back to what had happened, she realised how lucky she actually was. To have her brother. And to be alive.

Tears pricked at her eyes, threatening to fall down her pale cheeks. She shook her head rid of the memories and scolded herself for nearly breaking her promise. She'd told her brother she would stay strong for him. The thought of his baby sister crying made him feel nauseous. He'd do anything to keep her happy, absolutely anything.

Picking the letter back up in her hands, she felt more confident. At this point, she just wanted to make her brother happy. As happy as possible.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Fox,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Unfortunately, your place along with some more pupil's was delayed by a few years due to an incident and for that we are deeply sorry for.

Term begins September 1, we await your owl no longer than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall.
Deputy Headmistress.

Eyes wide with shock, she reread the letter once more to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her. It was here. Her long awaited letter was here. After four dreadful years, her letter had finally arrived. Four years late. The tears threatened to spill once again and she let them. She couldn't process any feelings or words. A smile made its way onto her face as it dawned on her.

She was going to Hogwarts.

Sage Fox was going to Hogwarts.

---

Lily Collins as Sage Fox.