☆c h e a t e r ☆

You looked down at your lap in your usual spot, the corner back desk of the classroom where the view of the athletic field was prettiest. You weren't upset because of a grade you got on a test, but because you were finally ready speak the most harmful words to your lover who was walking towards you.

"(Name)?" His deep, velvety voice called.

You were so used to this voice. The voice that made you melt as it rang through your ears, the voice that made you smile your brightest, the voice that made you believe that everything was going to be ok. It hurt to realize that soon, this voice wouldn't do that for you anymore.

You hadn't realized it, but you started clutching your shirt. Wrinkles appearing at how tightly you held it.

"Let's go," He smiled, "Or else Daichi will get mad."

It was just you two in the classroom now. Everyone had already left, and it was the perfect time to tell him.

But you couldn't bring yourself to say it, and just stood up. It was like he noticed how tense you were, because he gave you that heart-warming smile of his as he intertwined his fingers with yours.

"Our Inter-High is this weekend." He said, his eyes lighting up just speaking of it.

"Yeah." You smiled, "Aren't you scared, Kou?"

"Honestly, I am. I'm really scared." He squeezed your hand tightly, "But win or lose, you'll be there, right?"

No. I won't be.

"Of course. I'll try to come as fast I can after our game." You chuckled.

"Good. I don't know what I'd do without you."

The guilt, anger, and pain couldn't stop growing in your stomach, telling him promises you couldn't keep. But somehow, you enjoyed it because he deserved it.

The gray double doors of the volleyball gym were only a few feet away from you, but before you could reach the steps, you stopped. He turned to face you, concerned eyes meeting yours.

"(Name)?"

"I need to say something."

"What is it?"

"I—" You let go of his hand, "I can't do this anymore. I know things.."

"What—"

"I know you cheated on me, Koushi!"

You clenched your fists so hard that you could feel your nails piercing through your skin

You clenched your fists so hard that you could feel your nails piercing through your skin. Your eyesight began to blur because of the tears that welled up in your eyes. His brows were knitted together, mouth parted as he took a step closer to you.

"Don't come near me!" You cried, "I saw you with Shimizu the other day, I saw you.."

"It wasn't like that—"

"Then why were you giving her hickeys?" The salty tears started falling, "Why were your hands around her waist like that? Why was she moaning your name?"

He was quiet, his eyes searching yours in attempt to make a stupid excuse. But his loss of words were enough to convince you.

"What hurt the most," Your breath hitched, "Was that it was you, Sugawara."

He flinched at the formality you used.

"I really thought it was you," You held your pinky up, "Sure, we may not be able to see the red string yet, but everything that we've been through, I wasn't going to let fate ruin it for us.

"But I was wrong. You lied to me, telling me that I was the only one for you and that you were glad that you found me. Was I not enough, is that it?"

"No, you're more than enough. You're everything I need." His eyes were glossy too, looking as if they were about to break.

"Then why did you do it?" You screamed, "Why did you lie to me?"

"I—" He looked down at his feet, "I don't know.."

When he looked up again, you weren't there anymore. You had bolted down the hallway, and turned the corner without glancing back at him. Sugawara stood there, an outstretched hand trying to reach for you.

"Suga." A firm, husky voice called for him from the volleyball gym.

He knew that they all heard it. He knew that everyone heard him.

Another spike had ricocheted off of his platform and into the wall.

"Sugawara—"

"I'm sorry, Coach! I'll do better next time!" He bowed.

After two hours of spacing out during practice, it finally ended. He walked alongside his best friend towards home, but the silence between them was something he couldn't stand.

"I messed up, Daichi." Sugawara mumbled.

"I know, and I'm mad at you. There's nothing good about what you did to (Name)-chan."

"I don't deserve her."

"Of course you don't."

"What do I do?"

"Get her trust back. If she ever gives you another chance, don't make her regret it, Suga."

Daichi turned on his street, leaving Sugawara to walk alone. It only took him five more minutes before he reached his front door, but something wasn't right.

As he was about to turn the knob, the door flung open. Sugawara's father roughly collided shoulders with his son, but nevertheless kept on walking towards his car.

"Get out of this house, you cheater!" His mother yelled, throwing a newspaper at him.

They watched as he sped down the road, then at last turned the corner. This was an all too familiar scene, which had happened hours ago to Sugawara. But here it was, unfolding again.

He looked at his mother who was at her knees, sobbing unceasingly while bending forward in an attempt to hide her weakness from her son. But the wails she made, the pauses she took to catch her breath was all to overwhelming for him.

He promised himself one thing that day.

That he wouldn't be like his father.

╳╳╳

Hey guys!

SO THIS IS A REALLY SHORT AUTHOR'S NOTE.

PLEAAAAASSSEEEE COMMENT AND RATE. I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CRAPPY BOOK.

,

Kyte