☆ b i r t h d a y ☆

"Please tell me why I'm here." You cringed as you slapped a mosquito away. "I don't remember even getting on the bus."

Your brunette friend stood next to you, eyes lighting up at the sight of cabins and trees. "Of course you don't. I kidnapped you."

"Yui what did I tell you about taking me places when I'm asleep--"

"Anyways, c'mon! Let's have fun!" 

She dragged you around for the rest of the day. From the hotel room, to the vending machines, to the lake behind the bathhouse, then finally to where you were now--the bath.

You sat comfortably in the spring, burying the lower half of you face under the water. For once it was nice to relax, since you were either working or studying your ass off.  It had been tough since your parents passed away, leaving you to live with your aunt. But since you didn't want to trouble her, you moved out. 

"Hey, (Y/n)," Yui called, taking the towel off of her eyes. "Are you relaxing now?"

A light chuckle escaped your lips as you resurfaced. "Yes. I'm glad you kidnapped me."

"Aw." She laughed, "It's nice to see you smile again." 

You tilted your head in confusion. "You make it sound like I don't."

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." 

"Are you sure--"

"Let's go see the moon, yeah?"

It worried you a little bit because she wasn't the type to hide her thoughts. But you decided to shrug it off. You followed Yui to the dressing room and dried off, changing into your kimono. 

You tied your hair up in a messy bun and followed Yui outside. But when you opened the door to trail behind her, the lights suddenly went out. Panic rushed over you as you tried to switch the light back on. 

"Yui?" You called, walking towards the garden. Frantically, your eyes searched back and forth for her. "Yui!" 

In the corner of your eye, you saw a shadow disappear into a bush. When you started to move towards it, it started to shake violently. Your heart was beating so fast that you could feel it against your rib cage. 

"Yui?--"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (Y/N)!!!" 

The sudden yell made you jump and trip backwards. But before you could land on the cold floor, a fluffy warm thing stopped your fall. When you turned around a familiar face was standing there, holding a bouquet of your favorite flowers. 

"Happy birthday, (Y/n)." She smiled. 

"Yui.."

You turned back to the bush. The first years were holding sparklers in their hands, waving them around. The upperclassmen behind them held a big poster, with the words 'happy birthday Y/n.' It was sloppily drawn, but the glitter made it look nice in the moonlight. And you knew those boys worked hard on it. 

"You guys.." No words could explain how happy you were. "You guys..!" Tears were starting to form as you watched the boys start to argue. 

"Look, you shrimp! You scared senpai!" Kageyama scolded. 

"What?! It was your fault! Your stupid scary smile scared her!" 

A tall boy with glasses had a smug grin. "Maybe both of your ugly faces scared her."

"Tsukki!"

The short libero and his bald accomplice started to get in the argument. "Stop yelling so much, you dumbos! I'll beat your ass if you make her cry!"

"Senpai you're yelling too!"

You looked back at Yui who sighed. "Shut up all of you, before we get kicked out!" 

You couldn't help but die of laughter because of your stupid friends. They were all you needed to make you happy.

But you knew that deep down something was missing.

And you didn't want to admit it. 

YOOO,

Five thousand goddamn years later I finally update.

I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner, I've just been a little busy with getting ready for school and I was focusing on my Memory Loss book. 

But hello, your fav is back. 

I'll try to update more often guys! 

Please don't forget to comment and rate!

Love, 

Kyte