The Past May Be The Future

(Brendon's Point of View)

I stumbled away from the piano as Cecily screamed and clawed her way away from me and pressed her back against the white tile wall of the diner. Fear radiated out of her eyes as she shook her head violently back and forth. I called her name, but she didn't seem to hear me. Several surprised and concerned shouts came from the other diners. I ran over to Cecily and held her head in my hands, hoping she wasn't having a seizure. She looked at me in fear.
"Please don't," she whispered. Her whole body fell limp and I caught her around her waist so she didn't fall. With her face pressed softly against my shoulder, I sat down on the floor and shifted her weight to a comfortable position. Her eyelids fluttered every once and a while, but stayed closed. Her labored breathing slowed until I figured she was asleep, or passed out.
Sarah finally broke through the curious crowd and ran to my side. She checked Cecily over then asked what happened. I just shook my head. I wasn't even sure what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Cecily's Point of View)

I woke up, suddenly, on the couch back in Brendon's van. I remembered being in the diner, and then at the piano. I burst into tears and pulled my knees up to my chest. Now I knew why my past had been put out of my mind.
Brendon and Sarah rushed up to me at the sound of my ragged sobs, and asked me if I was okay.
"What happened," Brendon asked, rubbing my back.
"Can I get you anything?" Sarah handed me a bunch of tissues and then wiped away a few of my tears. I took in a few deep, unsteady breaths, then nodded my head.
"I'm fine," I assured them, although I was far from fine. They kept asking questions, and I moved back a bit. They moved in closer. "I'M FINE!" I didn't mean to shout at them, but they moved, just like I wanted them to. I turned from them and refused to speak. I had to do what I had been trained to. I didn't know why, I just knew I had to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Brendon's Point of View)

"I thought Cecily was finally going to tell us about herself," I said to Sarah. We were lying on our bed, the lights down low. Cecily was still on the couch in the same position that we had left her in three hours ago. She had only recently started mumbling inaudible words and rocking back and forth.
Sarah just sighed. "I still don't think her intentions are good." Sarah rolled onto her side and pressed her forehead against my cheek. I rubbed the arm that she splayed over my chest. We stayed like that for a few minutes, just listening to the sounds of the city passing us by. I tried to ignore Cecily's mumbling, but it grew in volume. She started shouting about her hand.
Sarah tensed against me and I held her close. Cecily's shouts suddenly changed to screams. I looked frantically at Sarah, and she returned the look. We both ran to Cecily and tried to soothe her. I placed my hand on her shoulder. She screamed and swung her arm out. Her fist came in solid contact with my jaw, knocking me off balance. I took two quick steps back and felt at my jaw tenderly. Sarah shouted and tackled Cecily, pulling her arms to her sides, and refraining her legs. I hurried over to help Sarah and we held Cecily while she thrashed, and all the while, her yelling rang out against the walls.
"Please!" She yelled. "Please, sir, let me be!"