Chapter 2

It was the day after Jack had met the stranger on the street and talked about Mark. He was still upset that this happened, having taken years to push back the bad memories and terrible things that had happened already. He couldn't handle this, he already tried desperately to get over Mark. Over what had happened, considering it was so unexpected. He couldn't go through it again.

Jack sighed, staring at the picture held tightly in his hands. After his talk with Robin he went into his room and cried. As much as he tried not too, he couldn't help it. So much was happening and he didn't know how to handle it. It was just too much. He put the picture on his nightstand and stood up, stretching. He dressed quickly and went downstairs to make something for breakfast.

"Hey." Robin said, sitting on the stool in their kitchen eating cereal. Jack smiled weakly and continued to prepare his own breakfast. 

"Do you still want to go out today..?" Robin asked, trying to lighten things up a bit. Jack turned around, confused.

"We were going out?" Jack questioned shyly, embarrassed he forgot about something they planned. Robin frowned.

"We were gonna go hang out with Bob and Wade... You don't remember?" Jack thought for a bit, and then his eyes lit up. Crap.

"Oh shit, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry." Jack protested, feeling terrible. He hid his face behind his hands and cursed lightly. Mentally beating himself up.

"It's fine man, I can cancel it if you want." Robin said considering what happened the other day. Jack probably should still calm down and relax, he thought. 

"No no no, it's fine really. We can still go." Jack said, putting everything back and changing his mind on food. He needed to take a shower.

"Alright. You aren't going to eat??" Robin questioned. He was pretty concerned because after what happened to Mark, Jack wouldn't eat for weeks. Now he got worried every time Jack skipped a meal. Jack smiled knowingly, thankful that Robin still cares.

"I'm fine, I wanna take a shower and think about some things." Robin nodded, finishing the last of his cereal.  Jack quickly went upstairs and took his clothes off, turning on the shower and getting in. He started to wash himself, thinking about everything that's happened so far.

Jack was still a little weary about everything going on considering how weird it all is. He wants to see his friends, he always does. But hes not in the right mind set, not now. Some would say he's over reacting, and maybe they're right. But Jack doesn't care. He can't think straight and its driving him insane. As much as he would love for Mark to still be alive, he'd probably shit himself if he actually saw him again. That'd be terrifying. Jack got out of the shower and dried off with a towel. He sighed and pushed his wet hair out of his face. 

"This is fine. There's nothing to worry about," Jack said to himself, a hint of doubt in his own voice. "It's probably some joke. A stupidly cruel and terrible joke.." Jack thought. He figured it'd be best if it was a joke, but that would be terrible no matter what. He gets dressed and walks back down into the kitchen to see Robin dressed as well and on the phone. He doesn't notice Jack at first, so he stays back and listens.

"Yeah, I don't know. I'm kind of worried about him Bob, I'm not gonna lie. You know how bad he was before-" He paused. "I know I know, I just- I can't see him that upset again. I can't. He's my best friend, I don't want that for him." Jack smiled a little, flattered, but also upset over what Robin said before that. I wasn't that bad, was I? He thought. Jack shrugged and walked out so Robin could see him making Robin smile at him.

"Okay, well I'll see you guys there okay? Yeah, bye." Robin hung up the phone, putting it back in his pocket. 

"That was Bob." Robin said, staring intently at Jack. He squirmed under his stare.

"Oh, so when are we going?" Jack asked, awkwardly scratching the back of his head, staring at the ground to try and distract himself from Robin's gaze.

"In about an hour." Robin said, still staring at Jack. He was getting extremely uncomfortable, mainly because he didn't know why he was being stared at, but partly because he's insecure about his features.

"Can you stop that?" Jack said a little stern, trying to make his point clear that he did not like Robin's actions. 

"Sorry. Just- I just wanna make sure you're okay...ya know?" Jack frowned. 

"Well if that's your intent then I don't think staring at someone is the way to go, just saying." Jack paused. "I also don't need you to look out for me. I'm 27. I can take care of myself." Jack said, going back upstairs. He didn't need someone else to look after him. He's a grown adult for fuck sake. He sat down on the edge of his bed, rubbing his face with his hands.

"Mark, I need you..." Jack said quietly.