Chapter 15

Lapis flies in, gently landing on the ground. Everyone stays still, keeping their eyes on Lapis.

"Hey, Ruby!" Lapis greets her with a wave and a smile. 

Lapis looks up, noticing someone was with Sapphire. Jasper, of course. The gemstone embedded in her nose annoyed Lapis. She scowled and looked away. Jasper, though, had a terrified look on her face. She looked as if she just saw someone she loved get shattered right in front of her. She taps Sapphire gently.

"We should leave," Jasper insists.

"May we please wait a bit? I need to use my future vision to see if something bad will happen in the future," lied Sapphire. Really, she just wanted to see what was going on with Ruby and Lapis. Jasper sighed heavily and impatiently.

"I heard what has been happening lately, with Sapphire and all. You must be feeling stressed after all that. Why don't we talk about it? You know, just to let it all out. Then after, we'll go have some actual fun," suggests Lapis.

"I'm in!" Ruby exclaims.

"Wait!" Sapphire blurts out, speed walking towards Ruby. She puts a hand on Ruby's arm, preventing her from leaving. 

"I know you were supposed to hang out with Lapis two days ago, but is it okay if you stay at the sanctuary? I don't think it is such a good idea you go out without me. You could stay and talk to Amethyst," Sapphire tries to persuade.

Lapis notices what Sapphire is trying to do and smirks, trying not to burst out laughing. Ruby shakes her head. 

"Sapphire, Lapis is right. I've been really stressed lately and I want to do something to relieve it. Besides, I've already talked to Amethyst and I have a lot of other times to talk to her. I could really use a break. I'll be back before you even return," Ruby reassures. 

Sapphire sighs, hesitantly removing her hand from Ruby's arm. Despite how apprehensive she feels, she nods.

"Yes, you...go have fun. You deserve it," Sapphire smiles. 

"This is why you're the best!" Ruby compliments, turning to Lapis. Sapphire turns around, but she keeps her eye on the two gems. 

"Let's go!" Ruby starts running towards the warp pad but feels a strong tug on her wrist preventing her from leaving.

"Whoa there, buddy. There's another way to get to places and believe me, it's a lot more fun," Lapis claims. 

She kneels down, sitting on the bottom of her feet.

"Get on my back," Lapis commands.

Ruby raises an eyebrow, confused on what she's was trying to do. Lapis smirked before her wings were released from her gem. Ruby looked at her power in awe before smiling. Hesitantly, she did what Lapis told her to.

"Hold on tight, and try not to pinch me," Lapis said, before flying off.

Sapphire watched as the two gems disappeared into the sky. Ruby's cheers were echoing through the air. 

Sapphire sneered, "I can fly." 

"You mean float?" Jasper pointed out. 

Sapphire groaned as she headed for the warp pad.

**********

Lapis lands in the middle of the forest area. Ruby jumps off her back, landing on the soft grass. She let out a breath of relief feeling her body relax. Lapis lies down beside her.

"I don't think Sapphire likes me that well," said Lapis.

"What makes you say that?" Ruby questioned.