Chapter 1 - To Survive

A flash.

The splitting of air.

A roar.

The clinking of metal falling to the ground.

A laser.

A sigh escaped chapped lips, before turning into a grim twist of the lips. Up they stood, moving to the left of their position. Short hair clung to their forehead, sweat dripping from their furrowed brow. Heavy huffs came one after the other with each heavy footfall. Finger-less gloves gripped the hilt and the barrel of their weapon.

A grunt, as the figure skid to a half, their fingers barely brushing the ground as they leaned back, barely avoiding the sweep of a tail.

The figure lunged forward, pushing off with their right foot. A knife, black as night, slit the throat with a single swipe, removing the enemy from the swarm that surrounded the figure.

Up the rifle went, its red laser shining on the head of its opponent. Back the trigger went, and forward the bullet was released. A boom echoed from the chamber inside and a chink alerting the figure that the bullet had hit its marks'.

Down several went, a large hole where their snout had been. 

A smirk. 

They dashed forward, towards the gap that they had opened. Quickly they ran, only pausing to throw a round object behind them. A hiss filled the air, followed by a loud boom and several roars of pain, as the monsters shattered into oblivion. 

Ahead they dashed, throwing themselves into the dark shadows that hid them on the other side of the door. 

Hard they panted, leaning against the door that had shut moments before. Down their hand swiped, a soft chime echoing in the seemingly vacant room. 

A white glow lit up their face, lighting up dark narrowed eyes, and a furrowed brow. Worry crept upon the dark irises, beginning to etch onto their pale skin. The lone finger of their right hand paused in its place, relief replacing worry. Quickly the forefinger tapped, and goodbye their rifle went, exchanged with a long black cylindrical object. 

The white glow became overtaken by a purple, the bright of the blade lighting up the surrounding areas. A grin crept onto their mouth, as they swung the sword. 

An arc of purple followed every move the blade made, nothing but a hum heard from the weapon. A hand, their left, reached backwards towards their hip, drawing a sleek black sidearm from its holster; a pistol - the FN Five Seven. 

Forward they walked, iron sights up and Photon Sword glowing at their side. Eyes flickered restlessly side by side, scanning their surroundings for movement. 

A crunch.

Quickly they spun, swiping upwards with their vibrant blade, a chink echoing, two metal pieces flying to either side, creating a gust of wind. 

Slowly they lowered the blade, looking with narrowed eyes towards their assaulter. Their jaw clenched, a growl rising from the depths of their throat. They stood for but a moment more, before dashing forward, a blood-curdling yell tearing from their lips as they ran.