Severus Snape: Ever

Book one of the “Ever” series explores the corruption  of the future Potions Master during his youth.

Title: Ever

Rating: PG-13

For: Violence, Language, Sexual References, and Moral Corruption

Disclaimer: Neither Athena nor Artemis own in anyway many of the characters, Hogwarts, or the particular “world” and its contents (i.e. most potions, spells, places, people, beasts, etc.) mentioned, used, or described in this novel. All exceptions to this disclaimer will be noted in the text. This novel was written with great respect to the original author, and a great amount of time and energy has gone into researching the history of the people, places, events, and magic used in the plot of this story. However, as it is a fan-fiction, mistakes are possible and should be expected. We apologize in advance for such mistakes and none were meant to offend in any way.

We have included a rating and warnings at the beginning of each novel so you may avoid any type of situation or topic you are uncomfortable with.  Please be mindful of other readers and refrain from negative comments  as they can take away from the enjoyment  of others who may not find issue with a situation or topic that you do. Keep in mind “Don’t like, don’t read” and try not to ruin the fun for others.

Thank you and enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter one

Caeca Corpus

January 9, 1976

Severus Snape awoke with an instinctive feeling of dread. The same day each year, the same pessimistic feeling. Nothing good ever happens on this day. Somehow fate seemed to know when to give him the worst luck, not that he was a particularly lucky person.

Severus sat up in his bed and glanced at the time. Groaning, he realized it was only three in the morning. The others in the dormitory were fast asleep. He always managed to wake up too early, but as always he was already fully awake. At least he’d have some time to himself for a while.

Severus quietly slipped down to the Slytherin common room, carrying with him his beloved Potions book, some parchment, and a quill. He had been practicing a new spell for some time now but just couldn’t seem to perfect it. Still a little groggy from sleep, Severus set his materials aside and gazed into the crackling fireplace, allowing last night’s dream to drift back to the forefront of his mind. He had been having the same dream quite often lately. He was dancing at a grand masquerade ball. Everyone was wearing a mask which disguised their hair and faces. Severus had the feeling he should know the woman he was dancing with but could not ever deduce who it was. When the time came for the dancers to remove their disguises, he always woke up, leaving the mysterious dancer anonymous.*

In any case, he wouldn’t be finding the answer today. Severus refocused on the matter at hand. He gathered up his book, quill, and wand, and snuck down to the boys’ loo. The spell he was working on would act as an Invisibility Cloak, concealing him completely from head-to-toe. Actually, once he perfected the spell, it would be even more precise as it could not fall off or be removed, and it would be completely impenetrable by any means. He used the mirrors in the lavatory to test his spell.

Invisibilis corpus.” ** So far he could see a shimmering ghost like form, not quite invisible yet better than the last attempt (it had looked like he had thrown a net over his body. Not invisible, just ridiculous). Severus took a deep breath, concentrated, and tried one last time, using a slightly different Latin phrase.