42 - Caden

I watch her sleep curled up in the bed as the sounds of the lake fill the night. I was happy here with her but there was one thing still bothering me.

The Run was coming up again in a month and I still have yet to find a substitute for it. But I know with my true love, my mate, beside me we would figure things out before it happens. But with Grace now being my fiancée this would give me a chance to post pone next month's event and give us time to figgure out what to do before we are forced to re-open The Run again.

"Caden?" Her sleepy voice fills the cabin and I smile as I walk to where her outstretched arms were, climbing into bed and pulling her ontop of me.

"Sorry I couldn't sleep." I whisper as I inhale her scent.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong?" She yawns half way through her question and I chuckle, running my hands through her hair.

"Not right now, you just go back to sleep my Princess." She nodds against my chest after I say this and snuggles closer, her breath evening out as she goes back to sleep and I smile again. I was lucky to have met her and now I need to be the Alpha King she believes me to be.

I just hope she could handle the stress of The Crown when the time comes.