Accepting His Love: Chapter Nineteen

Coraline stared through the lenses of the binoculars she'd stolen, at the embracing couple in the distance. When she saw Derek pull Abigail into his arms and begin to kiss her passionately, she hissed in irritation.

What she wouldn't give to be the one within his embrace. To have those large hands roam over her body like they were doing to Abigail, and then to have him take her right there in the open. It was such a thrilling notion that she was half ready to go down there and join them. Although it wasn't likely that they'd let her anywhere near them though. If she went down right now, she was likely to end up shot.

But there was something about Abigail that seemed off. Since Coraline had begun peeping on them from afar, thankfully hidden behind a rare bunch of shrubbery and trees, she'd noticed that Abigail was being uncharacteristically clingy to Derek. When she got up, he got up and she tucked her arm into his own. He helped her into the wagon, and he was never more than two feet away from her. Something was wrong. Very wrong. But she wouldn't figure out what it was till she and Nicholas made their move against them.

After they had agreed (more like she was forced at gunpoint) to take out Abigail together, Nicholas and Coraline had stuck around Guthrie for a little while longer, gathering money and supplies. It was a lawless community as it was still in the makings, and therefore, their exploits went unpunished. Together, they'd scammed their hearts out in the saloon. They had cheated many men out of their money and robbed countless others.

In the end, however, all their fun came to a complete halt when a drunken man didn't take too well to losing all of his cash in a game of Texas Hold 'Em. He'd thrown a punch at Nicholas and that immediately caused the saloon to erupt into an all-out brawl. The both of them had taken their cue to leave and had exited the tiny town to begin their journey.

However, while it had all been fun and games at first, Coraline was beginning to think that she had bit off more than she could chew. She slightly regretted not running away in the night while she had the chance. She had known that Nicholas was a fast and furious partner in bed, and maybe just a bit violent, but he had begun to show a different side to him whenever he bedded her.

He'd shove himself into her before she was even ready, and he'd even taken to backhanding her when she said something not to his liking. Coraline was not above a little rough sex, but there was a time when rough become too rough. Her cries during their times together were not those of pleasure, but those of pain.

Her only comfort was that at least, it would all be over soon. She'd get her share of Derek's money and her revenge against Abigail very, very soon. Then she could leave and bid Nicholas good riddance.

"What you lookin' at"?"

Speak of the devil. Coraline had been so engrossed in watching Abigail and Derek that she hadn't heard him approach. She turned around at his voice and looked up at him.

It was no wonder Nicholas got away with everything he did. All the rape and murder could easily be overlooked when one stared at his ruggedly handsome exterior.

He wasn't anywhere near as good looking as Derek, but he was a close second with thick sandy colored hair and deep blue eyes. His nose was straight and his jawline very masculine. His skin was pale like her own, littered with a few small scars, but other than that, he didn't look like the hardened criminal that she knew he was.

"Just watching Derek and that Abigail b*tch getting it on over there," she responded, going back to look through the binoculars. "She's letting him paw at her like some common tramp."

He scoffed and crouched down next to her. "You're one to talk. I bet you spread your legs to just about anything with a cock."

"Oh I already know what I like and what I want. But this b*tch,"she sneered, "last time I was there, didn't want anything to do with 'Mr. Moneybags' down there. She was playing hard to get. Almost like she was somehow higher than the rest of us. Now, she's stuck on him like glue."