Just Friends

AN: wow thank you guys so so much for all the likes and comments! I appreciate your feedback! Also, some important things for this story to know: Grayson is a sophomore in this story and Marley is a freshman. Quinn is a sophomore. Also, Marley's apartment's layout. Basically, it's  all one big room with a separated bathroom. So, when you first walk into the place to your right is an open kitchen, your left is the bathroom. Then you walk into the living room, but before the couch, there is like a 5-step staircase up to her 'bedroom'. Its basically a bed and overlooks the living room, the only thing separating them is some stringy, hangy things. IDK how to explain it, but there ya go! Love you guys, xx! 

Grayson's POV

-

I wake up and groggily check my alarm. 7:30. I'm gonna be late to practice.

I throw on a basketball t-shirt and shorts, Nike socks and slides, and I'm out the door. While getting ready, I noticed Marley forgot her sunglasses here from a few days ago. I grab them and go.

As I hustle to my car, I shoot her a quick text.

Hey, you forgot your glasses. I'll stop by later and drop them off??

She replies fast:

Yeah, I'll be either knee-deep in studying for my psych test, or sleeping and hoping it doesn't affect my grade too much. You can come after practice (:

I smile as I read her text and start my car. I'm really glad we can be friends, especially with the rough start we had. Marley is kind and funny, in a weird way that just never fails to make me smile. I enjoy my time around her and I think she feels the same.

I arrive at practice 5 minutes late, and hurry to the training room.

"Hey G, you late because you were with Marley?" Luke teases as I climb up on the training

I flip him off behind the athletic trainer's back, "Actually I wasn't with her." I claim, pulling off my shoes and starting my stretches.

"Didn't seem like that when I got to the dorm a few nights ago..." Luke raises an eyebrow and starts stretching as well.

All the other guys continue to give me shit for the rest of practice about Marley. Thanks Luke.

Luckily, practice flies by fast, and Coach K let's us go a few minutes early. I grab my bag and hurry out into my car. 8:20. I start the car and drive to Marley's.

Marley's POV

-

I'm about to burst into tears of stress when I hear a knock on my door. 

Shit, I forgot Grayson was coming.

"One sec," I yell to the door before running to my bathroom. I look in the mirror. My long hair is pulled into a bun on the top of my head while mascara smears all under my eyes. Worst of all, I'm wearing my fuzzy, old "Hairy Otter" shirt and pajama bottoms. I've had them since 9th grade and couldn't bear to part with them.

"Marley! What are you doing in there?" Grayson's 

"Hold on!" I wipe the makeup from under my eyes, tidy up my hair, and run to my dresser by the couch.

I pull my shirt over my head, my legs slip through my pants and kick them off. I stand, looking for an acceptable outfit to wear.