Chapter 3

"What an asshat!" Lucy screamed, punching a wall. "I can't believe I wasted a year of my life on him."

She leaned against the wall and ran her fingers through her hair, sighing.

"Lucy."

"Go away." Lucy said, angrily.

"Come on Luce, I miss you telling me you wanted me to get mauled to death by demons."

She turned her head and saw Raphael standing there.

"How'd you find me?" Lucy asked.

"Magnus helped. Your parents are looking for you." Raphael said.

"Yeah that's great. Bye now." Lucy said, walking away.

"Where could you possibly be going?" Raphael asked, walking behind her.

"Away from here and away from you." Lucy said.

"Is it because I'm here?" Raphael asked.

"Actually it's not you this time, surprise surprise." Lucy said.

"Was it that guy I've been told you were hanging out with?" Raphael asked.

Lucy stopped and turned around, "Don't talk about that asshat."

Raphael put both his hands up, "okay okay sorry, I didn't know. But I knew he was a cheater, he's quite famous in Idris."

"Great. Now everyone in Idris knows." Lucy said.

"Yeah." Raphael said, now looking at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lucy asked.

Raphael shrugged. "I don't know. You look different."

She furrowed her brow at him and tilted her head. "Are you on drugs?"

Raphael scoffed and laughed. "No I'm not on drugs. I just want to be nicer to you."

"Why?" Lucy asked.

"Because we're getting married when you turn 18." Raphael said.

"Oh are you kidding me?! You know, I honestly thought that we were on the same page when we agreed before you left that we would go against the marriage!!" Lucy screamed.

"Our parents really want this." Raphael said.

"Do you want this?" Lucy asked.

Raphael looked at her, opened his mouth and then closed it, and shrugged. "Maybe."

"Maybe? Well I can damn sure tell you that I do not  want to marry you ever ever ever ever!!!" Lucy said.

"Well that's fine, but your parents still want you home." Raphael said.

"Well you can tell them that they can take their steles and shove them up their-" Lucy said.

Raphael walked closer to her, bent down and picked her up, putting her over his shoulder.

"What the hell?!" Lucy screamed.

"Your parents want you home." Raphael said, walking back to the Institute.

"You son of a bitch." Lucy said.

Raphael laughed, "oh this is actually quite fun."

*********************************************************************

Raphael walked into the Institute with Lucy still over his shoulder.

"Oh good you found Lucy." John said.

Kate laughed. "She's a stubborn one isn't she?"

"Oh yes she is. It wasn't easy getting her back here." Raphael said as he slid Lucy off his shoulder and on her feet. She glared at him.

"I can imagine." John said.

"Well now that she's back, it's time for her ceremony to start." Kate said.

Raphael's parents walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Lucy, as your parents, we have loved, protected, and trained you all your life. Now it is time for you to go on your first demon hunt, but first, you must present yourself to the Clave, where they will bless you and grant you permission to go on demon hunts." John said.

Magnus Bane walked into the room, holding a drink. "Oh is it time now? Hello Lucy darling."

Lucy smiled and hugged him. She always liked Magnus, he really knows how to throw a party.

Magnus opened a portal to Idris.

Lucy's parents were at her side, she turned around and looked at Raphael before walking into the portal, to Idris.