Chapter Two

Zaemir and Narok continued trough the winding tunnels. She knew that the Swordsmen probably suspected Narok had helped her escape. She wished she could see their faces when they resized how close to her they had gotten. Suddenly they heard low growl that bounced and echoed off the walls.
"What was that?" Zaemir said, quickly drawing her sword from its sheath on her right side.
"I don't know, I've never heard anything down here before!" Narok replied slightly scared, he wasn't by any means a bad fighter, but he much preferred reading to fighting. The growling was growing louder and closer. Zaemir kept her hand firmly around her sword as they continued upward toward the exit of the tunnels. Then they ran directly into the monster's den, the den was large circular room made of the same damp stone the rest of the tunnel was made of, the floor was made of the same material not that you could really see it due to all the bones littered around on it.

Then they saw the monster they had been hearing. It was about waist high with shaggy black fur, it would almost look like an overgrown dog if hadn't been for the two tusks that came out of either side of its mouth. Zaemir clutched her sword in her hand and stood ready for its attack. It growled again, this time loud enough that the ground shook and Zaemir almost lost her balance. While she didn't fall, in the few moments she had to regain her balance she left herself open for attack. The monster rushed them sigh its huge tusks, and it was fast. But somehow just before it was about to trample Zaemir she regained her balance its tusks met her sword. When the beast hit the sword it was thrown back so hard that it hit the opposite wall and with a crack, it's head was split open.

"What was that?" Zaemir said putting her sword away.

"I don't know, but we'd better keep moving if the Swordsmen found the trap door and are down here they might have heard that," Narok said looking around for a second then starting down the left tunnel. How he could tell where they were and how to get out of here Zaemir had no clue, but somehow he did. "We should be just about out now."

"What do we do when we get out?"

"That's your job to figure out, you're the boss, I'm just the map!" 

"Good to now, then I guess we'll start heading towards Valistor. Though I'm not sure how we'll get in," Zaemir replied, she still wasn't sure exactly what she wanted to do, but she knew she wanted revenge. Revenge on the man that killed her parents and stole her childhood from her and so many other children, that was her destiny, not to save people from gods, but to lead them against the rule of King Danthrag, a rule that though it had only begun fifteen years ago, had already caused the deaths of thousands. 

Thanks for reading! Votes and feedback are always appreciated!