Chapter Three

AN/ Sorry this chapter took so long!

Zaemir and Narok finally escaped the tunnels. And, after taking a few moments to adjust to the light, realized that it was almost night and that they needed to start thinking about making camp. They walked ways into the forest before deciding that is the Swordsmen had found the tunnels and found their way out they wouldn't find them, easily at least.

As Narok started to set up camp Zaemir went to go find some firewood as well as to try to find some food. She hadn't gone very far when she came upon another clearing similar to the one they were making camp in, but in the center of this clearing was a woman. Her back was towards Zaemir, she could tell the woman was rich seeing as she wore a dark purple velvet dress that reached down passed her ankles with long sleeves. To be honest, Zaemir never understood why women wore dresses that went below their ankles all the way to the ground, it was just a tripping hazard, especially for a woman all alone in the forest.

The woman hadn't seen Zaemir yet, so she simply started to back up to go and find firewood elsewhere.

"Zaemir, I've been waiting for you," the woman suddenly said as she slowly turned around to show her face. She was a very pretty woman with curly black hair, but her eyes, that was the weird part. They looked like molten gold. She was smiling at Zaemir's shocked face, she looked nice but she also looked like she could kill you in a heartbeat. "Yes, I've been waiting for you for a very long time."

"Who are you? And why were you waiting for me?" Zaemir asked, she didn't trust this woman, especially because, she didn't seem quite, well, human.

"One question at a time young one. My name is Lady Tynglina and I am the goddess of destiny, something that you trying to get out of. I've been waiting for you, because we need to talk about that, see, Zaemir, there are certain things you simply cannot get out of no matter how hard you try, death is one of these things, destiny is another. Sure you can try, but at some point, it will catch up with you, so, stop running Zaemir. You might be able to escape it for a few days, maybe if you're lucky a few years even, but it will find you Zaemir, and when it does, the longer you hide, the harder your destiny will be," The goddess said walking over to Zaemir and putting her hand on the young girl's shoulder.

"I don't care! I don't want my destiny! I just want to live my life! I don't want to be a hero!" She shouted at Tynglina and threw off the goddess' hand from shoulder.

Tyinglina sighed at Zaemir's outburst as she realized that this was a lot harder than she had originally thought. "Let me tell you a story about two people who I gave this same warning to and they didn't listen. You see, these two people had a daughter, and she had a great destiny. But her parents tried to shield her from her destiny and I warned them what would happen if they continued to stop her destiny from happening. They didn't listen, and because of that, the fates killed them, and thousands of other innocent people. That was what caused the slaughter of Hadroc, because of two people not wanting their daughter to fulfill her destiny. And if their daughter continues in their stubborn and selfish ways, even more people will die," As the goddess finished her story, Zaemir didn't have any trouble figuring out who the story was about.

"Zaemir!" A worried voice called, it was Narok, Zaemir then realized just how long she had been gone.

"I've got to go, I-I'll think about what you've said," She said as she turned around to leave.

"Wait, just one more thing, trust no one," then she vanished without a trace.

"Zaemir!" Narock shouted again. And, with one last look at the place Lady Tynglina had been Zaemir headed back to camp, and Narok.Thanks for reading! Votes and feedback are always appreciated!