Part 2

Four hours had passed since she was released from the pack and Rayna was still waiting near the territory, just in case they change their minds she thought. But it was more to it than just that, where would she go, for somebody who wanted this and had it all planned out, Rayna was stuck on the sheer shock of what had just happened.

Alpha Robbins, on the other hand, couldn't believe that she had actually left, it left him bothered that Rayna was so unhappy that she would leave.

"What's wrong sweetheart," Elizabeth asked her mate.

"It's just this Rayna thing is bothering me,"Alpha Robbin told his mate.

"Seriously Robbin you're bothered that she left, I'm bothered by the fact that it took this long" Elizabeth snapped at her mate.

She loved Robbin and everything about him especially those crystal blue eyes of his, but there were times like this moment where she wishes he wasn't so caught up in himself. Not once did she hear him think of Rayna or how they treated her, he couldn't even bring himself to apologize, she had to do it for him.

"I didn't mean it like that," he said and Elizabeth just huffed, there wasn't much she could do at this point. Regardless of how Robbin felt, the most important thing was the fact that Rayna was free and would never have to deal with this pack.

Robbin didn't know how to explain it to his mate, the way he felt towards Rayna. It wasn't romantic and it wasn't friendly but that was the least of his problems. His biggest problem happens to be his father, how would explain this to him. For some odd reason, his father held a special type of animosity towards Rayna, as a child, he thought it had to do with the night that his mother died.

"Father is not going to be happy about this," he said out loud, deep in thought he forgot Elizabeth was still with him.

Elizabeth scoff, Robbin's father had what she believed to be a strange obsession with Rayna that never made sense especially based on the history they shared.

"I don't understand why that would make him unhappy?" she asked Robbin snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Oh Beth, I forgot you were here, can you repeat the question?" he asked her.

"I don't understand why Rayna leaving would make your father unhappy?"

Robbin shrugged and thought her question over but couldn't come up with anything that he could use to provide an answer.

"I don't know" but did he want to find out. He has never asked his father directly or investigated the situation for himself. His father was his hero, so his words and actions were gold in his young eyes but now he had questions about his father character that need to be answered.

The couple headed to their bedroom, both lost in their separate thoughts involving Rayna.

"Ok, this is real," Rayna said to herself. After four hours she was ready to believe that this was really happening to her, and she wanted to take full advantage of it. No more waiting, before they could change their mind she had to take this opportunity to live her life.

After walking for a couple of minutes, she finally made it to the human town and found a bed and breakfast inn for the night. She ate a quiet dinner alone, showered and fell asleep alone, no different than when she lived with the pack. When morning came, she ate breakfast alone and although the host that served her tried to make a conversation with Rayna, she found herself giving one-word responses. Soon the host took the hint and left her alone, Rayna knew that the problem was the fact that her old pack was only minutes away from his town. So she felt as if she was still bound by the pack's rules and treatments, she had to leave and start fresh.

"But where should I go," she asked herself.

Rayna didn't have many funds but she was lucky enough to have a skill to where she could easily earn money on the go. She wouldn't have to be tied down to a desk or have to deal with people in order to earn an income.

"Are you checking out?" the host asked her

"yes"

"Oh, well it was great to have you at Gretta's Bed & Breakfast Inn, hope to see you again and if you need anything before you leave let us know we're happy to help," said the cheerful host.

"Actually if you could be somewhere else right now, just enjoying life. Where would you go?" Rayna asked the host.

"New York, I've always wanted to see a show on broadway and eat a hot dog from a cart," the host said dreamily.

"Sounds nice," Rayna said.

Two hours later, Rayna was at the bus stop purchasing a ticket.

"Where to miss?" the teller asked

"New York, one way".