Part 5

Rayna made it to North Carolina safely, she left that morning bright and early and finally, she was here at the location mentioned in the email.

She found a pay phone and called the number that she received, and waited for someone to pick up.

"Who is it?" asked a clearly annoyed man's voice.

"Is this Jerry?" Rayna asked quietly

"It all depends if this is Rayna calling?" the man said in the same annoying voice.

Rayna wasn't sure how to answer that question, this was the number given to her by Jerry and this man knew who she was.

"Look girl, I don't have all day. Are you that Rayna chick or not?" he asked now agitated from waiting on Rayna's response.

"Yes, I'm Rayna. Can you tell Jerry I'm here at the spot waiting for him".

"Sit tight, don't talk to nobody and I'll be there in 15 minutes," the man said before hanging up.

While waiting for whoever that man was to come and pick her up, Rayna couldn't help but think of her old pack, wondering how they were doing right about now.

Back in New York, Scotty found out where Rayna was staying and thought he would invite her out along with her mate for a night out.

He wanted to spend time with her and at the same time get a look at her mate, see what kind of person was lucky enough to have as a mate.

"Hello, I'm looking for Rayna not sure what her last name is," Scotty asked the receptionist.

"We are not at liberty to give out information on our guest sir," the receptionist told Scotty.

"I understand but we're friends so can you give her and her boyfriend this message for me," he said handing the receptionist a note.

"No problem sir," the receptionist said taking the note, the young man in front of him looked friendly but he couldn't risk his job to tell him that Rayna had already checkout. The receptionist sighed before throwing the note in the trash, the young lady didn't say if she would be back so there was no point in keeping the note for her.

Back in North Carolina a black beautiful Jaguar Xj pulled up in front of Rayna, the windows rolled down and a brown skin male with dark brown eyes and big brown lips, he had dreads that reached his neck.

"Rayna right," he said and Rayna nodded still quietly observing this man.

"What are you waiting for? Get in the car, we gotta go" he said opening the door for her.

"What's your name?" Rayna asked, wanting to know the name of the stranger's who was inviting her in his car.

The stranger smiled and shook his head, this girl was quite something else, his uncle was going to be in for a surprise with this one he thought.

"Names Henry King, I'm Jerry's nephew he told me to come pick you up," Henry said giving her his best smile.

Rayna returned the smile and got in the passenger seat, the car was absolutely beautiful on the inside.

"Beautiful car," Rayna said after a while

"Thanks it's a gift from Uncle Jerry for finishing up Law school and passing the bar," Henry said with a smile on his face, thinking the day his uncle surprised him with this car.

"Congratulations" Rayna told him proudly, she didn't know Henry personally but she understood how big of a milestone it was for anyone to complete law school and pass the bar exam.

"Thanks, so tell me what do you want with my uncle?" Henry asked her curious as to why this beautiful young lady was coming to his uncle.

Jerry barely invited visitors over in this type of manner, the only thing he told him was to be careful because this one is special.

"You uncle knew my mother and I was hoping he could tell me about her," Rayna told him.

"That's weird Uncle Jerry doesn't bother with his past since he has Fiona, he's been with a lot of females before he found his mate so I don't know if he can even remember your moms."

Rayna decided not to say anything else, she learned something new this Jerry person had a mate. So what was his connection to her mother, she thought.

"One more thing, I'm not sure if you know this but you're about to enter a pack of rogues," Henry told her watching her reaction from the side.

Rayna was shocked and her face clearly showed that because she heard Henry chuckling in the driver's seat.

A pack of rogues? That was different and made Rayna a bit wary of where Henry was taking her.

They finally arrived and Rayna got out the car carefully, taking in her surrounding nothing stood out. It had the same set up as her old pack, Henry grabbed her hands and said: "don't worry, just because they're a pack of rogues don't mean they are bad."

Rayna nodded and smile, Henry had a point there was no point in judging these people if they haven't given her a reason to.

They walked hand in hand into a gray building that Rayna didn't notice when she first got out the car, it blended perfectly with it's surrounding.

Henry leads her inside and up the stairs, before they reached an unnamed office, knocking twice they heard a grunt before Henry opened the door.

There stood a tall muscular man, he looked to be in his late 40's, his hair a combination of black and gray and a matching mustache, he had dark blue eyes and a tattoo on his neck.

"Well, well, well, you really do look like, a better version but wow with those eyes there's no denying that Becca was your mom."

Could this be Jerry?

"Rayna this is my uncle Jerry and uncle Jerry who is this Becca person?" Henry asked his uncle after introducing Rayna, curious because his uncle never remembered his old flings especially after he found Fiona.

"Boy that's none of your business, better yet go spend some time with JJ or FiFi," Jerry told him dismissing him from the room, Henry looked at his uncle and Rayna. He really wanted to know what they were going to talk about but history taught him it was best to listen to his uncle and go find his cousins.

"Alright then, well see you later Rayna," he said waving goodbye to the green eye beauty before walking out the office and running down the stairs out the building to find his cousin JJ and FiFi.

Once Henry left and the shock wore off that this was Jerry and he really knew her mother, Rayna wanted to start asking questions and getting to the truth.

"Take a seat, little Becca" Jerry said amused that his past was finally catching up to him, he knew the day would come.

"I'm not little Becca, I don't even know the women you call Becca or the one name Rebecca. She may have given birth to me but that's as far as it went after what she did." Rayna told Jerry harshly, she hated being compared to her mother.

"Ok, I can respect that Rayna, that's your name right Rayna. Becca barely talked about you after that night, I'm the only person who knows why she did it."

"How do you know her?" Rayna decided to ask

"Well, Becca used to call us lovers but she was just another fuck friend for me and a way for me to get some money from a pack," he told her honestly, no shame in his words.

"Is she here?" Rayna asked almost panicked, looking around afraid that Rebecca would jump out of the corner.

"Nope killed her a long time ago," Jerry told her, watching to see her reaction. No matter what she said Rebecca was her mother, for all he knew the girl might try to attack him, she couldn't win against him.

"You killed her?" Rayna asked confused, didn't he just tell her they were friends. She didn't know what to do about the situation or even how to feel, she didn't feel sadness but there was anger. Not at Jerry but some odd reason Rayna was angry that her mother died before she had a chance to face her.