Its Just a Dream

"Casey! Casey wake up!!" I woke up to Isaiah yelling and shaking me. "It's just a dream, your safe."

These dreams weren't just nightmares, they were memories. Three years ago  almost to the day, my parents were killed in a car accident in South Dakota. Little did I know that I had an aunt in North Carolina. After my parents death, the courts granted custody of me and my brother, Jacob, to my aunt Regina Hicks who happens to be the mother of Isaiah Hicks, the center for the UNC Tarheels.

"Seriously Casey. I could hear you yelling from across the hall. It has been three years. Maybe you should see someone." Isaiah said

"No! I'm fine!" I yelled to convince myself. I was fine, but it was coming up on the anniversary of my parents accident and it was midterms so I was beyond stressed.

"Ok well get some sleep. We leave with the team for New York in the morning."

"Ok. Goodnight." Since moving to North Carolina, a lot had changed for me. Instead of law school, I was in the sports medicine program. Isaiah being the caring and protective cousin he is has always looked out for me and my brother. To keep me from getting depressed, Isaiah and I moved into an apartment so he could "keep an eye on me". He also convinced coach Roy Williams to let me be the student athletic trainer. So for the last two years I have been traveling with the team and learning about sports medicine along the way.

________________________________________________________________________________

The Next Morning

"C'mon slow poke! Let's go were gonna miss our plane!" Isaiah yelled across the apartment.

"Alright. Alright. I'm ready." I said dragging my three bags out into the tiny opening we called our living room.

"You know were only leaving for a couple days right???"

"Yeah. This is all stuff for the team. This little blue bad is mine."

"Mhhhmmm." He said while giving me a side hug, "Your sure you are ok?"

"It was just a dream. I'm fine. Don't worry so much. It will give you wrinkles." I said with a smirk.

We were flying to New York for ACC Tournament. I was beyond excited. I was here last year but for some reason I was excited to see New York, watch some basketball, and plus it was spring break. Basically I wanted out of North Carolina for awhile. 

________________________________________________________________________________

We finally boarded the plane to New York after what seemed like forever. I sat close to the window and Isaiah sat on the isle seat leaving a seat between us like he always does. Every time we travel, Isiah sit the same way. I find me headphone and a some country music and shift on to my right side with my legs in the middle seat. 

"She sure sleeps a lot." I heard faintly from another seat on the plane. I wasn't completely asleep but I wasn't exactly awake.

"She has stuff going on Justin. Let her sleep." Isaiah said quietly and I heard a light slap by the left side of my head.

"What kind of stuff?" Joel Berry busted in. I could feel them all looking at me, leaning over the seats from the back and in front.

"Boo!" I yelled and they all jumped.

Justin grabs the back of my seat and leans back with his hand on his chest, "Damn girl! I got heart problems. You can't be doing that to me." 

"We all know she just resting up so she don't have to take a cat nap during the team welcome party like Britt did last year." Berry said.

From across the plane you hear, "No I didn't. I was resting for a minute." Nate Britt yelled

"More like a few hours Britt!" Isaiah yelled back.

I leaned over to Isaiah "Team welcome party?"

"Yeah. Every year the teams all get together the night everyone gets in. Everyone comes out a plays on the court behind the hotel and their is a pool bar. It will be fun!" Isaiah said

"I don't remember that from last year?" I said quietly. 

"You were really into the trainers class. Plus you were with Tyler." Isaiah he said scratching the back of his head. 

"Oh" I said sinking into my seat. Last year the senior student athletic trainer, by boyfriend,  came with to New York. Let's just say that it ended badly and the scar on Isaiah right hand wasn't from moving furniture. 

"Your going Casey Raylee, no getting out of this one girl." Justin said as he wrapped his arm around me from behind my seat.

"Ok. Ok." I pushed him away, "And stop calling me that. You sound like my grandma." I said with a smirk.