EMT Hicks in the House

"Casey!" I heard as I started to walk away. I turned to face Luke who was jogging to catch up to me. "Are you going down to the bar with Isaiah and the guys?"

"Umm maybe. Why?" I said

"I was just going to tag along if that's ok?"

I'd really like that." I said with a smile. As we started to walk, I phone started to ring. I looked down to see UNC Health Care pop up on my phone. I froze for a second. This is the call I had been waiting for it. "You going to answer that?" Luke finally said.

"Right. Hello."

"Is this Ms. Casey Hicks?"

"Yes, this is she." 

"Hi. My name is Angela from the University of North Carolina Health Center and I am calling regarding you EMT certification. I'm sorry to bug you so late."

"Oh. It's fine. I just went for a run, so I was awake." I said with a smirk to Luke.

"Anyways, I would like to congratulate you on becoming a certified EMT in the state of North Carolina. I have been trying to send you your paperwork but I can't seem to find an address for you."

"Oh. That probably because I haven't changed my address."

"That's completely fine. I just need you to stop in tomorrow and finish the paperwork."

"That sounds good!" 

"Ok see you tomorrow. Oh Ms. Hicks, Congratulations!"

"Thank you!!!!" I squealed as I hung up the phone.  

"So what is all the smiling about Ms. Casey?" Luke asked pulling me from my own little world and into his big blue eyes. 

"I'm officially a certified EMT in the state of North Carolina!!!!" 

"Casey that's amazing!" Luke said picking me up and spinning me around.

"I have to tell Isaiah."

"Lets go." Luke said as I started to walk towards the hotel.

______________________________________________________________________________

 We got through the lobby and headed down towards the pool when I realized that my hand was intertwined with Luke's. I didn't say anything I just let it go. As we hit the door to the pool and bar I heard Isaiah, "That's another shot for my boy Mr. Jackson here." 

 As we got closer to Isaiah, I felt Luke's hand let go of mine and I looked up. "I'm gonna go find Jayson, I'll be back. He said as he side hugged me. I turned and grabbed Isaiah's arm, "Isaiah!!!" I yelled over the music

"Casey! Where have you been!" he yelled back drunker than a fart.

"On the phone. I have to tell you something. I got a call from the University Hospital. I passed my certification test. I'm a certified EMT!"

"Casey!" He screamed as he picked up and swung me around, because that happens a lot around here. "I'm so proud of you." He put me down and I noticed all the blank looks coming toward us. Isaiah turned to grab a beer and then yelled, "Hey Everyone!" the bar came to a slight rumble. 

"I just want everyone to know how brilliant and talented my baby cousin is. Not only is this girl the best damn head student athletic trainer for the UNC Tarheels that we ever had," He was interrupted by cheers from the rest of the UNC guys, "But she is now a certified EMT in the state of North Carolina! So I ask that y'all raise a glass to the best damn EMT in North Carolina, my baby cousin Casey!"  

"She is also the best looking EMT I ever did see!" Justin added at the last minute. Everyone laughed and cheered. 

"Justin's got that right." Luke whispered into my ear from behind me. Little had I noticed that Luke had walked up behind me and wrapped one of his arms around my waist pulled me into him. The other Duke guys were also close by. All the UNC guys hugged me, pulling me from Luke, but I didn't mind because my dreams were coming true. Finally Isaiah looked to me and saw Luke close by. He gave me a look but I just rolled my eyes at him and went on. "Luke, rematch from the game last night?"

"Sure," Luke said, "But Greyson isn't here so Jayson is going to substitute."

"That's fine. Duke camp all over again Kennard?" Isaiah said as he put an arm around me.

"In you dreams." Luke said over his shoulder

I looked up to Isaiah, "Duke camp? You went to Duke camp?!?!" I half yelled "Your a traitor!"

"SHHHHHH! The guys don't know. If it would of been for Duke camp, I would of never met Luke and you would he in some room with Allen soooo."

"Oh shut up." I said as I pushed him away. 

"2 out of 3 Isaiah." Luke yelled across the room

"Sounds fair, let's go!" Isaiah said only to be followed by half of the bar to the tables out by the pool." 

Luke whispered into my ear, "Sorry doc, but your on your own this game." His hand slid across my back and he smirked at me as he walked away. 

"I'm an EMT not a doctor."