Chapter Three: Deeper History and The Mysterious Stranger

The deeper I got into this girls diary, the more a learnt about her life and her time with the Salvatore brothers. They were really close, and she loved them both.

I can't help but wonder what shook me whenever I read this. I always had this chill of darkness whenever I picked it up.

It was late and I think I over stayed my welcome at the Grill. Matt kept it open long enough until he told me to go home. I didn't know him well otherwise that he dated Elena.

I kept the book glued to my hand as I walked home. It was eerie out, kind of foggy. It was fall and rainy so I wasn't surprised. I didn't like it though.

Suddenly there was a bird cawing at me. It was a raven. It sat perched on the lamp post, looking down as if it was watching me. Now that wasn't creepy at all.

Then it fly down in front of me, making me back away and trip, falling right on my butt and my hands and elbows catching myself from hitting the ground.

That scared the living daylights out of me. Dumb bird.

"Quite the fall." Someone spoke. My head went upside down to look at the very attractive man standing behind me.

He made a move to walk around and stand in front of me, offering a hand with a slight smirk. I accepted the offer and he pulled me off the ground.

"Some dumb bird flew right in front of me, um, I'm not actually that clumsy." I said. It was then I realized the book was gone.

I looked around, tucking hair behind my ear as I bent down slightly. "Goddammit." I whispered.

"Looking for this?" He said, holding up exactly what I was looking for. The diary.

"Yeah, thank you." I took the book from his grasp.

"Book worm I see." He noted.

"History obsessed more like." I joked. "There's a lot of information about this place buried in this noggin." I tapped my head.

He smiled. "Tell me something."

"About the town?"

"About yourself. Something no one knows." He asks suddenly.

"Since when did you become so suddenly interested in a strangers secrets?" I wrapped the book in my arms and held it against my chest.

"Since I saw you." Smooth.

"I want to be a history teacher, and if not, open up my own museum." I shrugged.

"That's something people don't know about you?" He asked.

"Yeah. What about you, stranger. Tell me something nobody knows."

He took a moment to think. "I've got a brother."

I snorted. "Now why would that be something no one would know?"

"You didn't know. Plus if you knew me these past five years you wouldn't know I even had one." He said.

"I'm guessing you move around alot." I stated.

"Correct. But I plan to mend things with him." He said.

"Sounds nice. I've got a sister that wants nothing to do with me, so ys nice to see siblings reunite again." I admitted.

He was silent for a second. "What do you want in life? What do think will complete your life?"

"More deep questions I see." I teased. "I want to be remembered. Not just because I knew alot of stuff, but because I did something amazing that affected lives." I gushed.