Chapter Eight: Sexy Suds and Unwanted Memories

Damon kept his promise, I hadn't heard from him in days. Each day my head hurt less and less, but the healing wasn't doing much, taking it's sweet time. Stefan and Elena were having issues, but that was less of my concern.

Caroline had forced me to come to the charity car wash she was holding with a bunch of people at our school; including our friends. Bathing suit was enforced and it was non-negotiable. I didn't want to go of course, but getting out of my house was better.

The phone rang, looking at the number I couldn't tell who it was. Answering, I leaned against the frame of the doorway into the kitchen. "Hello? Carlson household."

There was breathing on the other end, as of they were trying to be silent. "Look if you're trying to give off a creepy vibe, Damon, you've succeeded." I assumed.

"Willa..." my eyes widened, my hand almost dropping the phone completely. It couldn't be. It can't be. No, it isn't. Then the phone clicked, ending the call from the other side. I slammed the phone back in its place, breathing fast.

"Shit." I cursed, grabbing a hoodie and putting it over my exposed upper body and zipping it up. I rushed out of the house, almost tripping over my own two feet to make it to my car and drive.

I blinked many times, as if to keep my eyes open from the daziness I felt. I turned the radio on, a song filling the car. I found myself not even driving to the school, but to the Salvatore house. The person I should be seeing is Bonnie. Obviously that wasn't who I was going to see.

I knocked on the door frantically, waiting and hoping it would be answered. And it was, with Stefan Salvatore who wore a confused expression. "Willa?"

"I'm sorry I just showed up out of nowhere. I don't even know what I'm doing here, thinking I can just bother you with my problems when we don't even know each other that well and-" Stefan's hands met my shoulders, stopping me from speaking any further.

"You can always talk to me, doesn't matter how long we've known each other." He smiled, then gestured to the ledge on their house to stand by. I need to sit on it, swinging my feet back and forth.

I didn't even know where to begin, nor did I want to keep us from the charity thing. But I just needed someone who didn't know me well to share this with. Maybe that's why it's easier, talking to people who know nothing about you and can't judge you.

"Have you ever had an ex that continuously tried to come back into your life?" Stefan made a face, nodding.

"I have. It seems like everytime you try to force them away they find a way back into your life." I nod in agreement. Maybe this was eaiser than I thought. I held my hands together and let out a deep breath.

"My ex, Chase, has always found a way to find me, call me, or attempt to weasel his way back into my life one way or another. I haven't heard from him in at least two years after we got a restraining order on him and he moved away." As I explained, Stefan never looked away. He listened, no change in expression from judgement.

"Um...well he wasn't always bad, but when I broke up with him he seemed to be angry all the time. Hence why we got the restraining order...and I got this." I pulled my hoodie away, showing the long scar that twisted down my arm, a now slight pink and skin coloured line that I'd always attempted to keep covered my makeup or long sleeves.

Stefan let his hand hold my wrist, moving my arm to seem how far it went, a pained face appearing as he looked into my eyes. "He got angry when I confronted him that night, about everything. He pushed, many times. Finally against a mirror that many pieces caught themselves and cut my skin."

I pulled my sleeve down, feel very vunderable in this moment. Definitely not what I wanted to feel. I jumped down from the ledge and hugged my arm. "I'm scared, that he's coming back. He called me and it freaked me out. Am I overthinking it?" Stefan stepped closer, sighing as he thought.

"No you're not. You have every right to be scared. If he males an appearance I'll be there to kick him right back out. You don't deserve to let him have that power over you. You can't let anyone have that kind of power." Stefan pulled me close, hugging my tightly.

I leaned my head, thankful for this. "Sorry for sharing so much, especially at the beginning of this friendship. I didn't want you knowing this much about me. At least not yet. Or ever." Stefan shook his head, giving me a smile as we stepped away.

"Don't be sorry. I'm just glad you trust me enough to share apart of your personal life with me." I nodded, becoming shy suddenly when I found us staring too long.

"Are you going to the car wash that Caroline is hosting?" I ask.

"Thinking about it." I point to my car and smiled. "I can drive."

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Arriving to the car wash, I spotted Bonnie instantly and went to her, letting Stefan find Elena. She's standing with Matt by the same car when she approaches. "Hey!" Bonnie smiles and wraps an arm around me.

"Hey, you made it!" I wave to Matt with a smile. I had gotten to know him a bit when him and Elena used to date. After that our conversations were always kept to a minimum.

"Looking good, Matt." I joke. He laughed, returning the compliment. I took the hose from Bonnie, holding down the handle in attempt to rinse the car of soap, accudently spaying Matt with the water instead. We laughed, Matt taking the sponge and rushing over to drain it over my head.

He succeeded, making me used the hose against him until he was able to take it and toss it to Bonnie and continue to squeeze soapy water all on me. I laughed, holding Matt's arms back. "Was this soap bath nessaccary?!" I exclaim, suddenly being hit by the cold water from the hose, thanks to Bonnie.

"Yes!" Matt yelled before using me as a human shield against the water spraying towards us.

"Guys! This isn't a water park! Go shower at home, not here!" Caroline exclaimed. I rolled my eyes, peeling my hoodie from my body.

I chose another car to start washing, slowly drying off as the day went by. The last of the cars drove off and the last of the teenagers began to leave. "Can you believe Caroline left her own planned event?" Matt joked, walking with me to my car.

"So unlike her. Have you seen Stefan? I gave him a ride here." I ask. Matt's smile falters a little.

"Uh he went after Elena I think." I nodded, stopping at my car.

"How's your sister?"

"She's good. Better." The conversation was short, not much to talk about.

"Does Stefan seem weird to you?" Matt asks suddenly. I lean against my car, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"He just seems like a guy with a lot of secrets." Matt shrugs.

"We've all got secrets. Doesn't mean everything about someone needs to be out in the open for you to trust them." I leave him with that and drive home.

I got home fast, heading straight to my room and shutting my room. As soon as I turned around, I almost jumped out of my skin. Damon Salvatore stood at the open window of my room.

"Jesus Damon! Breaking and entering?" But then I think for a second. "Wait...how'd you get in my house?!"

He smirked, taking a few steps forward. "Your mother was happy enough to let me in when I mentioned I was the one on the line from our phone call weeks ago."

I crossed my arms. "Doesn't explain why you're here." Damon walks closer, becoming more and more into my personal space.

I couldn't blame myself for not wanting to be near him, since he can find ways into my house and stand in my room at night. But right now it was this look in his eye that really scared me.

"Don't take this personally, I'm just really hungry."

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Welp...

Oops. Hope you enjoyed!