aggressive affection. | kyōtani kentarō

(warning: profanities)

A beautiful sound; a melody that belonged to he alone.

Your harmonic laughter filled the 2-1 classroom as the seemingly stupid, at least foolish in Kyōtani's perspective, joke that had recently been cracked by one of your friends. It was a blessing to be able to hear such a sound, even if the aggressive blond denied it repeatedly. You made his heart flutter, and he hated it.

You brought feelings to Mad Dog all those months ago, in early April when both of your second years would begin, and no matter how much he tried to convince himself that he despised every part of your being, his heart and mind would fight back with the truth the volleyball player refused to acknowledge. He deemed you as an annoyance, scum of the Earth that no one would ever like, a mistake that your parents regret having each passing day. Those hurtful aliases he had come up for you eventually turned meaningless as they remained buried in Kyōtani's mind before vanishing away once they lost the war against the names that accurately describe you: a beauty that shone brilliantly amongst the dull extras, a blessing that brightened each passing day, and, the one that spoke the greatest truth, the one who stole his heart away.

His daydreams were cut off, the sound of a creaking door rudely bringing the wing spiker back into reality. The blond's attention ripped off the sight of you and landed upon the entrance of the room, small brow being raised in confusion. Who could be entering now? It was the middle of their lunch period, and everyone who had the right to be in classroom 2-1 was already located in the small area. What business did an outsider have in his classroom? His sharp optics narrowed into menacing daggers at the sight of his teammate, Yahaba Shigeru. Had that class 2-5 show-off come to lecture the troublemaker about his reluctance to cooperate with his fellow teammates again? Practice wouldn't take place for another couple of hours, but the fill-in setter sure liked to get on the renegade's nerves whenever possible. Just when he was about to open his mouth to shoot his normal insulting shoo towards the team's #6, Kyōtani closed his mouth shut, for his assumption would be proven wrong.

Large scarred palms gripped the edge of his wooden desk as the brunet strolled over to your seat, flashing a charming smile down at your glowing features; the features that Mad Dog so desperately desired to stare at and admire every day. Kentarō couldn't make the words of your conversation out, which made it more infuriating, causing the blond to grit his teeth in annoyance. Yahaba had no right to take their rivalry to a personal level, and the plan of taking you away from him sent chills down his spine. He hoped you wouldn't fall for such a show-off, fierce eyes weakly locking onto you to inspect every type of response you would make. You weren't attracted to cocky pieces of shit, right? Then again, the wing spiker acted shitty quite often, but he knew that he only softened for you, something that stupid Shigeru would never do for you, at least that's what the troublemaker could determine from how big of a dick the pinch server was during their practice sessions. The motion would soon come to a pause, however, the sight of the backup setter placing a bouquet of orchids upon your desk whilst a pink hue dusted his cheeks as he brought an end to the conversation you both had engaged in before departing from the room.

The renegade's eye twitched, his claws digging into the wood of his desk from the growing anger inside him. He bought you flowers? What kind of cliché bullshit is that? You clearly deserved better than cheap store-bought orchids! That setter shit couldn't have won you over with such a lame attempt, it just didn't seem possible.

Mad Dog wasn't going to lose, especially when you were the reward he was waiting to claim.

"To impress, you have to think big."

Countless books emphasizing the topic of relationship advise were scattered about the library's large old carpet, the one who discarded each paying no mind to the cold glares given by the librarian at his defilement. The blond was desperate for some guidance, no matter what form it would come in. He was inexperienced in this field, and books had the title of infinite knowledge, so why wouldn't he turn to these sources for assistance? His thoughts were proven to be inaccurate, for each book that was quickly scanned by his menacing irises would be deemed useless in a matter of minutes by the aggressive athlete.