5:15 | kageyama tobio.

5:15, and not a minute more,
ready for the knock at my door.

Luggage scattered about the wood flooring and photos crumbling against your footsteps, small huffs being emitted into the air as you scurried about your home, grabbing loose articles of clothing during your run. You were one to prepare last minute, and no matter how much advanced planning you put into the events of your life, preparation would be made during the countdown hours before the scheduled time would roll around, making things quite a mess.

You forcibly shoved the last pieces of clothing into a stuffed suitcase, letting out a few curses as the pile continued to fight back and spring back up, only going down in defeat once you sat upon the lid and zipped the traveling object shut, letting out a satisfied sigh once you were certain your belongings would stay in place.

Standing up from your previous position, your eyes shifted over to the clock upon the wall, feeling your heart strings tug in pain as the minute handed inched towards 16:30, pearly whites nibbling on your bottom lip to conceal the ache.

He had promised, the same empty promise, that he'd be there. You questioned why he bothered, why he wasted his breath to get your hopes up and let them crash down into ruin repeatedly. It felt like betrayal, made you want to cry for hours on end in misery, especially in your desperate time in need, but at last, he never showed, keeping himself hidden from your agonized being.

Even after all his failures to just show he cared by the slightest, you stuck around, coming back for more and more, despite your heart telling you 'no'. You told yourself that it was just his occupation of a professional volleyball player that kept him away, blinding you from the truth each time, the truth that was crystal clear right before your eyes.

You attended all his games, being the one that shouted the loudest cheers with each point Japan won, in which your boyfriend responded with a flustered blush from down on the court, or the embarrassed, "(y/n)-chan! S-Stop that!" You never followed his orders and continued, which always resulted in an angry Kageyama by the end of each match, putting you in a bad mood all the way back home, where you would sulk alone, in thought of just what you were doing wrong in this relationship.

A honk from your taxi woke you up from your daydream, eyes flickering in shock before you scurried about the (l/n) household, hastily taking hold of your luggage and small bags, but even with you still rushed and panicked, he still crossed your mind. He didn't seem to care about you, and yet, he was all you thought about, whether you liked it or not.

With all belongings in hand and now in front of your front door, you shook your head to rid yourself of the lingering memories of the setter before throwing open your entryway, stepping out quickly as you used your foot to kick it shut and allowing itself to lock. The wood shook, but you didn't care now, you didn't have time. You had to go, vanish to elsewhere.

Flashing a forced smile to mask the pain, you made your way down the stairs and to the taxi, the man getting out from the driver seat and helping him load your belongings into the back before you slid into the back, staring out the window into space until the driver awoke you from your thoughts with his phrase.

"Where are you heading to, miss?"
"Sendai Airport."

With a nod, he turned around and started up the vehicle, taking off and leaving your home in the trail, inconsiderably taking you away without any final goodbyes. That wasn't a concern, your mind was off somewhere else, somewhere it hurt to be.

Was it you?
Were you just too clingy for him?
Were your cheers too embarrassing?
Was there someone else?
Has he always felt this way?

Your mind was crammed with let-downs, a frown looking back at you through the fogged reflection of the window as you were driven down the seemingly endless streets of Natori, Miyagi, the sunset welcoming the day's final hours, stealing the breaths of many in the process, but ceased to rob you of yours, the agony keeping you bound from the joy you longed for months on end, the constraints of your relationship keeping you tightly bound, like a princess trapped forever in a palace's tallest tower.