Chapter:3

"For the last time. No. You kept on egging it on and I'm not doing it anymore. You told me that you weren't going to pay for the semen of the bulls and I said, if you don't pay you don't get." I almost yelled over the phone at my uncle.

"Now Chesney. I'm family. Doesn't family get a discount?" He asked. "No. Family does not. There are some high ranking bulls in this bunch and you will pay however much for it that I tell you." I told him before hanging up.

I was about to go out and turn a few bulls loose with cows. Before that I had to sort the weanlings out of the group. I then had the idea to call up a few cowboys from the PBR to come out and see this place and help work around the bulls.

So about ten are coming.

J.B

"Give me five full weeks with her." I said. "Why?" She asked. "You'll be at work for most of the day leaving her at home or at daycare. Think of it as a break from paying for daycare." I tried to reason.

"Where will you be taking her?" She asked. "A ranch in Stephenville, Texas. There's several other guys going out to the ranch. She'll love it. I'll be taking my horse and hers she'll have plenty to do along with spending time with me." I told her.

"Five weeks. No longer than that." She said. It was my weekend with her and now five full weeks with my little girl. I went to her room seeing her pack her weekend bag for my place.

"Hey baby girl. How about we go to a ranch in Texas for five weeks then come back?" I asked her. "Does this mean I have to pack more clothes?" She asked. "It means you get to spend more time with your dad than we have all year." I told her.

She smiled and grabbed all of the jeans she had and tee shirts she needed for the weeks. Once it was packed I carried it out to the truck with her following. "Is my horse going to?" She asked.

"Of course. Why would I leave him at home while I took mine?" I asked her while I opened the door to her car seat. "When do we leave?" She asked. "As soon as you get buckled up." I told her.

She quickly buckled as I got in and buckled up.

Chesney

I rode out to the herd starting to sort off. The cows of course weren't happy with me. I started paneling certain areas up for sorting. Multiple cows tried to get me but failed as I cut them away from their weanling calves.

Multiple bawled out and shoved trying to make me stop. After getting two bull calves in up near the gates I looked out seeing a truck pull up. I shooed the cow away from her calf and continued shoving the cows back taking the weanling.

It was Cooper Davis. He jumped right in and helped me out. An old cow gave hers up immediately knowing what we were doing. As I was separating a first time cow from her calf she ran right into me trying to knock me down to stomp me.

I dodged her and landed on my side before rolling and jumping back up. "Nice save." Cooper said. "Thanks. I'm use to it." I said shooing the cow off.

After three more we both were sore from taking turns shooing cows. I opened gates and closed them moving the weanlings to the stock pens. Then led the way up to the house. "Mauney should be here later tonight and the rest here tomorrow." He said.

Luckily I'm letting them have the master bedroom while I keep mine. It was about eight at night. I cooked supper well I stuck tuna in the fridge earlier to let it get cold then set it out.

Cooper and I stayed up talking and watching whatever was on tv. Until we both saw headlights flash outside. I hoped it wasn't Jared and that it was J.B getting here.

The truck stopped and the engine cut. It was about eleven thirty at night and dark out. A dark silhouette got out and opened the door beside the drivers. Then the voice is what got me.

"Come on we're here. Let's go, get cleaned up and go to bed." I watched as J.B walked up to the porch before stepping into the light of the porch. "Cuttin it close to midnight aren't ya?" Cooper asked.

"Had to convince her mother to let me bring her." J.B told him. "Let me guess you brought her horse too." Cooper said. "Hey she loves riding the horse I got her. I'm going to put her to bed before getting them unloaded." He said.

"I can do that for you." I told him. He gave a short smile before handing Cooper the keys to the trailer. After both horses were bedded down with three others I went back into the house and saw Cooper staring at his phone and J.B putting Bella to bed.

He saw me in the doorway and kissed her forehead before coming over to me. "Thanks for putting the horses up for me." He said quietly. "Not a problem." I said. He smiled at me. "Well I'm going to get a shower and get to bed. Got a busy day tomorrow and the next few weeks." He said before going back into the room and closing the door.

Cooper was on his way to bed and so was I.