Chapter:12

23 weeks

I set up pink and blue balloons around the living room. Mid week I hired two handlers for the bulls and took a trip to North Carolina. They'll be watching them while I'm with him and will be transporting them to events.

He'll be home soon and was distracted thanks to a few bull riders. After his parents found out his mom wanted to immediately help out. I had my half of the gender reveal surprise on and the other was wrapped.

My belly had grown since last week. Once everything was ready they were pulling in. I took the cake out and set it on the table. It was pink and blue but the whole inside was the color of what the gender is.

I set the second half of the surprise on the table next to his chair. "Alright everything is ready and there he is." His mom said. I zipped the jacket up and sat down in the chair next to his.

They all came in. He sat down in his chair while the rest sat down around the room. "So what's first? Cake or the present?" He asked. I unzipped the jacket halfway. He looked at it oddly. Then picked up the pink and blue wrapped box.

"So you want me to open this?" He asked. "If you want to." I said. He opened the box finding the pink tissue wrapped onesie. "I'm still confused." He said. "Continue unwrapping it!" I said. He looked at me oddly before taking the tissue paper off. He looked at me shocked seeing the blue. Then unfolded it.

The tag saying the gender fell back into the box. He picked it up reading what it said. "Are you serious?" He asked. I chuckled then fully unzipped the jacket and stood up.

"Are you freaking kidding me? It's a boy?" He asked. I then showed him the picture from after he walked out of the room. You could see the gender perfectly.

"Oh my gosh baby! That's incredible!" He said jumping up and spinning me around. Everyone cheered. He set me down before kissing me. I could tell he was excited for our baby boy to be born.

"How many more weeks?" He asked. "17 more weeks." I told him. "And when exactly when will we get to see him in person?" He asked quieter. "Sometime in March." I answered. He kissed me once again.

"Now for cake and treats." I said. J.B and I cut the cake open showing more blue. "Oh I have a gift for you baby." He said. He pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to me.

There was a bow on top of it. I opened it seeing a beautiful ring. I covered my mouth. "Would you be mine and marry me?" He asked. "I've never met a woman like you. You bring out the best in me."

His thumb brushed under my eyes. "Don't worry about anything that might come up. I'll take care of you." He said.  I gave a small smile. I nodded. "Yes." I continued to nodded. "Yes." I said. Everyone was cheering again. He slipped the ring onto my finger.

I had a surprise for him and he surprised me. After cake and food we went outside. We played games and did things up around the ranch. Him always around me.

That night we curled up in bed right next to each other. "So how did you enjoy today?" He asked. "How did you?" I asked. "One of the best days of my life. Other than Bella being born and I can't wait until our son is born." He said.

"I can now go shopping with you for him and not keep it a secret." I said. He kissed my forehead. "And now we're going to have to find a name for him." He said. His hand rested over the baby.

My head rested on his shoulder. We both fell asleep.