CHAPTER 38 - Spread Your Wings

Seven weaved through the traffic with ease. You glanced back to where Saeran sat in the back of the car. Saeran only had one small suitcase and a backpack which he sat next to. His hand rested on top of the black fabric. He absently fiddled with a loose string as his ever-curious mint eyes stared out of the window. They flitted around, taking in every detail, from the fiery red and sweet pink clouds, to the various cars we passed on the road to the airport.

"The sunset's really pretty, isn't it Saeran?"

"Yeah. Will I be able to see these kinds of sunsets from the dorm?" He asked himself, "I hope so." He stopped fiddling with the string and turned to you. "The idea of travelling excites me. It makes me feel so nice and excited at the same time travelling through the sky. I also want to go to new places, experience new things. That's why I want to be a pilot. I'll be able to do so many things that I love."

"That sounds like something you'll enjoy." You smiled sadly, knowing that the airport was only a few minutes away.

Standing at the top of the elevator, you watched Saeran and Seven say goodbye to each other. Saeran had only been in your life for around two months, but he had already made such an impact on your life. You were going to miss him. You thought back to all the times he made you laugh and smile. When you taught him how to make pancakes. The time when he fell on top of you and Seven got mad. You remembered how he kept you company while Seven worked. You remembered your first encounter, when he had disguised himself as a waiter. Your shoulder tensed up when you recalled the night he tried to plunge a knife into your heart. You were almost brought to tears when you thought about the hospital and Saeran's complications.

"Don't cry [Y/N]," Saeran's voice called you from your nostalgia, "I'm going to be fine." He gave you a soft, caring kiss on the cheek and hugged you softly. You hugged him back, crying into his chest. He let go of you and brushed tears off your cheeks. "You have to promise me something [Y/N]."

"Okay."

"Promise me that you will live a happy life with Saeyoung."

"I promise." You smiled through your tears. Seven put his hand on your shoulder.

"Take care of her, Saeyoung."

"I will."

"You are so lucky."

"I know."

Saeran hugged his brother one last time before walking down the escalator.

~~~~~~~
I hope you are enjoying the story!
Thank you once again for reading.
Words: 436
Uploaded: 12 March 2017