The Park

A/N: I mean... two rewrites of a rewrite within weeks of each other.

I'm losing my goddamn mind.

::

Sasuke frowned as he looked through the spaces of the upstairs railing. His current nanny was in the living room again, chewing some gum and typing whatever into her phone as she sat on one of his dad's expensive white couches. 

She was always doing this and it was annoying.

So he did the only sane thing he could think of in situations like these and trotted into his room. When he came back, he was lugging a bucket filled with water, ice, and blue dye and crawled onto the chair he sat on before and stood, the bucket in his small arms. 

He tipped it over the railing with a perfect blank face, only smiling when his nanny's enraged screams reached his ears.

"SASUKE!"

Sasuke stuck his tongue out at her before running back into his room and locking the door.

::

Uzumaki Naruto trudged through his apartment door with a pout on his lips and his orange tie halfway off. Work was work as usual. Paperwork, annoying coworkers, and a boss who at least more decent than all the other assholes on the floor. But it was all temporary, he assured himself, because all he needed was the job experience so he could make a company and be his own boss just like his late father.

Time. He had a lot of that.

"Sakura-chan!" he called. Naruto raised a plastic bag of take out over his head. "I got Ichiraku's! And old man Teuchi gave us some extra dumplings 'cause he thinks we're not eating enough even though I told him you keep nagging me about my diet."

"You eat everything in sight. That's an issue."

"But I'm fit."

A snort.

"Fit to die."

Haruno Sakura, Naruto's best friend and roommate, emerged from her room and greeted him by shoving his face forward, plucking the take out from his hands, and walking towards the table to grab her share. 

He whined.

"You're so mean to me," he pouted. "And I got us dinner."

She leveled him with an unimpressed stare through her mussed up bangs before drawing a hand over her heart and sighing dramatically.

"Oh Naruto, my sweet darling friend who is the most stable fixture in my life, I'm so thankful that you brought me these delicious half-price ramen noodles because without this sustenance, I would've died."

He tried to nod seriously, but couldn't stop his laughter.

"Damn right, Sakura-chan. Now let's eat—it's gonna get cold soon, dattebayo!"

They shared a grin and sat down at the old table to dig in. They'd been best friends for ages, it seemed, ever since Sakura socked a kid in the face on Naruto's behalf when they were in the same class in middle school. After that, they were like glue: Sakura with her straight A's and being part of Student Council and Naruto with his "delinquent" status that always seemed to get into fights until Sakura pulled him away herself.

When they graduated from high school, Sakura immediately took her scholarship to Tokyo University while Naruto searched for a job (college was never something he wanted and he still had yet to regret not taking the opportunity), but they stayed together through everything.