Chapter 23: Dance

The next morning, Touka woke up feeling like a fire was awoken inside of her; she spent the night at Kaneki's after the "events" of last night. She felt like a loved women and boy did it feel good. 

Work was soon. Reluctantly, Touka got up and used his bathroom to shower and dress. When she walked out he was sitting up in bed rubbing his eyes still in his underwear. 

"Hey, are you going to work?" 

"Yeah" She sighed. 

"Alright" He eyed up a book on his dresser. "I'm gonna catch up on my reading. I'll come by later for some of your latte art. Plus, I have to give Hinami a piano lesson she's been asking" 

"Can't wait. Where's my phone?"

"Is that it on the floor?"

She walked over to the corner and picked it up

"...Yeah how did it get here?"

He shrugged. 

"Whatever" She put it in her pocket before heading towards the door.

Kaneki got up and gave her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Remember, our double date's tonight" 

"Yeah, Yoriko's excited. We'll get to see if they have any chemistry, Yoriko can be a handful" 

"So can Hide, it's kind of a match made in heaven really" 

They laughed. 

"Yeah well I'm gonna be late and I have to change into my uniform, see you later" 

"Bye" 

With Touka was gone, Kaneki took a shower and dove into a book.

Several hours later

Kaneki's phone vibrated snapping him back into reality. It was a text from Touka. 

"Hey where are you? Hinami's waiting for you" 

He looked at the clock and realized it was past noon. 

"On my way" He texted back. 

"Shit" He thought as he scrambled to find some clothes. He locked his apartment and took to the street. As he walked, he chuckled to himself. The way he had panicked about something as small as forgetting to go to Anteiku sooner. It was the kind of simple conflict he needed in his life right now. 

Customers weren't in need so Touka took a look at her phone she felt vibrate from earlier and saw his message "On my way" Hinami was sitting at the counter on a stool 

"He's coming Hinami, he'll be here shortly" 

"Alright! Send him to my room when he gets here. I'm going to warm up" She skipped off as Touka nodded then tended to another customer. 

"Excuse me miss?" 

"Yes?" 

"I've been coming here for some time and I must say you are quite the lovely thing. How about you give me your number and I take you out sometime?" 

Touka was extremely uncomfortable 

"Sorry I have a boyfriend" 

"You mean the black haired guy who used to wear a silly eyepatch? Come on babe he doesn't have to know..." The guy froze in his speech and looked behind Touka. 

She turned to see Kaneki standing behind her staring a hole through this player sitting at the table. If looks could kill, this guy would have hit the floor hard.