Chapter 14

When I reached school, I got out of my car and started walking to my first classroom. While I was walking everyone around me started turning their heads and then getting back to their friends and whispering not so subtly. I rolled my eyes at their stupidity! I mean are these people really that free? Do they really have nothing productive to do other than gossiping? Useless people! I reached my room and took my seat in the class. Irritated with everyone's staring and whispering, I took out my books and started revising what we studied in last class.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned I was pulled in a hug! I hugged back my bestie Jules. She's a sweetheart! She's the school's 'It girl'. Every girl wants to be like her and every guy wants her to be his. She's everything a guy would ever want! She's pretty, thin, innocent and kind. But the downfall to having such a famous girl as your bestie is that you get over shadowed by their fame and then your nothing more than a side kick. Honestly I love her and care about her but at the same times I feel irritated and feel that she's just pretending to be sweet and kind. Then I think that it might be because I am jealous of her! She's so loved and appreciated and because of her I am ignored. I mean she's pretty and all but I think she's dull, dumb and not at all sexy while I have a spark, for me I am sexy and I am adventurous. But people fail to see that. All the guys she repeatedly rejects turn to me like I am some hand down girl. No offence to those guys, but it's just that it hurts to not be the first choice. It's just hurts always being the backup plan for Jules. At times unknowingly she will flaunt how the guy who's asked me out was the one who she had turned down yesterday or so. But I know that's it's my jealousy clouding my judgement because she's a great friend. She's always there to listen to my problems and help me out with them. She'll always gives me suggestions and she's nice to me even when she doesn't have to. She can be friends with literally anyone in this school but she stuck by my me. She will stand up for me if the need be, she always has my back.
I also hug her back tightly. After we are done with our greeting session as if we are meeting for the first time after decades that's when she takes a look at me. Like a really good look at what I am wearing with a neutral expression. When she was about to open her mouth our teacher came in to my rescue.
During the entire class I try to act cool but on the inside I am scared of her opinion and as soon as I realise that I am again caring about everyone's opinion I scold myself ' I am not an object that exists to please people! I am my own person and I have my own choices and people, especially my family and friends should learn to respect my choices and not judge me cause they are the ones who should know me more for what I am and not what I wear or act or look like!' With that thought I sit taller and with more confidence.
When the lecture is over I quickly grab my stuff and get the hell out of my class before Jules could drag me to a corner to give me her piece of mind. In the next class our places we have different partners to sit with. But sadly today both of our partners were absent and I was scared that the teacher is going to make us sit together. But to everyone's surprise when our teacher Mr. Wally walked in with a new student and boy! If it was possible you could see all the girls in the class looking at him with heart eyes and all girls include me and Jules! I mean common, you can't blame me see for yourself in the picture below

 Wally walked in with a new student and boy! If it was possible you could see all the girls in the class looking at him with heart eyes and all girls include me and Jules! I mean common, you can't blame me see for yourself in the picture below

And that's when Mr. Wally clears his throat to have everyone's attention back to him and not the hot guy standing next to him. He then tell everyone that the guy is our new classmate and everyone was surprised as fuck! New student in the middle of the year was strange unless he from student exchange programme. But could be the student who traded places with him?
As if Mr. Wally could read our minds he answered our questions "Jack William is going to be here till the end of the classes and he's a student from exchange programme. Our out going student is Fred Green and in his place we now have Jack." He then turns to Jack and says "why don't you take a seat next to Jules as Fred was her partner so it's only fair that you be her partner. Jules raise your hand" with that Jack went and sat next to Jules. If it was possible to inflate Jules ego anymore than today's incidence did that. She had that glint in her eyes that said 'I am better than you bitches'. Then the lecture started so we all started taking notes while Mr. Wally was teaching and soon the bell rang signalling the end of session. This time I didn't try running cause anyway it wouldn't help since we had lunch now and eventually Jules will meet me so why run? So I packed my stuff and waited patiently for her to finish outside the class. But that bitch was taking too long so I when I peeped inside the class as to what's taking her so long, I hit my head against someone's hard chest! Muttering an 'ouch' I rub my forehead and look up and up and up! Man this guy is tall! Looking further up I finally met the face and saw a set of forest green eyes looking down at me with amusement in eyes. I say "sorry" and quickly turnaround and go inside the girls washroom. I put my bag down and blush like a 14 year old who's crush just said her 'I love you'. Calming myself down from the feeling that I just had a moment with him back then and walk out of the washroom and towards the cafeteria but my smile quickly disappeared when I saw Jules and Jack sitting together for lunch. They didn't even wait for me! I can let Jack's ignorance slide as he doesn't know me and Jules sit together for lunch but Jules? How could she do that? I wanted to scream and cry but I swallowed it all up and stood strong 'I don't need anyone! I am strong and independent and I can manage sitting on my own for lunch'. So I take my lunch and I was thinking of going out and sitting on the bleachers so I started walking out of the cafeteria. That's when I hear my name being called! I turnaround to see who called me out and was shell shocked to see it was Jack who called me. Even Jules reflected the shock I felt! That's when my shock turned to confusion. Looking at Jules face I know that she didn't tell him about me, then how come he knew my name? By the time I was don't talking to the highness aka myself Jack was standing before me. I look up and the first thing I said was "man your so tall". He simply chuckles and says "Do you wanna join us for lunch?" I shrugged and said "yeah why not" when we were sitting Jack sat next to me and not Jules! I was super confused now. What's going on? Jules looked so annoyed with what was happening because it's the first time that a guy sat next to me and not her. Jack says to Jules "hey you don't mind Pamela sitting with us for lunch do?" That's when she realises she's let her mask slip and she quickly replaces the frown with a sickly sweet smile and says "No! Why would I have a problem.." and I beat her to it cutting her off and said "Yeah! She wouldn't mind sitting with her best friend for lunch".

Author's note-

Hello my sweet potatoes. Here's the new chapter I promised. This one's more fun and I really want to know if you guys are liking this story so pleas comment. And as always if you guys like this chapter then please like and follow.

=justanotherwriter29=