Chapter 3

Kate went to the Starbucks just around the corner and got Garcia, as well as herself, coffee. Kate brought it back, gave it to Jim (one of the guards) and told him to go give it to Penelope. She then left to get ready for her date.

When she got home it was already 5:00pm and she had two hours to get dressed. Derek had already texted her and gave her his address. When she got to her apartment, she noticed the door was opened and her alarm was off. She had a gun on her, being related to Hotch, she pulled it out, cocked it and opened her door the rest of the way. Kate walked into the kitchen, then into the living room, she didn't see anything. She then went to her bedroom with the attached bathroom and saw no one. As she was exiting her bedroom she saw her spare bedroom door opened and the light on. Kate made her way down to the room, gun drawn. When she reached the room she looked though the gap to see a masked man looking though the drawers. Kate kicked the door in, surprising the man. The man fumbled with his gun. "Drop the gun and-and I won't shoot you." Kate looked at the man and said "drop your gun, take off the mask and you won't get a cap busted in yo ass." Yes she went ghetto but she had to! Just then the room went dark and she fell to the ground.

[A/N: Just a little update! Cliff hanger! Thanks you guys for the 52 reads! It means a lot to me! I have more parts written I just don't have time to upload.]