Chapter 5

When Kate was released from the hospital, Derek showed up and took her to her apartment. He of course helped her in and out of the car and they took the elevator. "Really Derek, I don't need any help." She told him for the 20th time. "Nah ah ah baby girl... Ya ain't gettin out of it that easy." Kate groaned. "What did I say about the baby girl thing?" She glared at him. "I like it... It suites you!" Kate groaned again. "But that's Penelope's nickname!" She pointed out. "So?" Derek asked, putting her bag down at her front door. "Keys." He simply stated. "What? You don't already have a set made?" She asked crankily, while handing him the keys. "Whoa... I think some one needs her pain killers." He said, taking them from her. "I'm sorry... I hate hospitals, HATE them. I never sleep and don't get to eat real food and crappy television, sick people, sob stories, I could go on but you look bored." She finished as they entered her apartment. "Yes that's a very nice story... Hotch told me you ramble when you're tired or embarrassed. So which is it?" He asked setting her keys down on the kitchen bar and her bag on the couch. "Well." Kate started hobbling in. The doctor wasn't kidding about the crutches and sling thing. And her mother, being a mother, made them wrap Kate's foot more than needed. "I'm not embarrassed... And I know I'm tired. So there's your answer." Kate walked to the couch and slung her bag over her shoulder. "There's a room at the end of the hall that you can stay in, or the couch, whichever one works." She turned to hobble to her room when Derek called her name. Kate turned around and he said "you still owe me dinner." Winked at her and went to the bedroom at the end of the hall, shutting the door behind him. Kate shook her head, asking herself what the hell had just happened. She went inside of her room, shut the door and fell into a deep slumber when her head hit her pillow.

[A/N: if you like keep reading!!! Comment and vote!]