19.

Important News

"Calm down." August rubbed my thigh.

"I'm calm."

"If yah calm den why yah bouncin' yah leg?"

"Hmm." I stop moving my leg.

"Nicole Johnson!" The nurse yelled out, letting me know it was my turn.

Getting up I followed the nurse to one of the back rooms.

"Dr. Sanders will be with you in a minute." The nurse smiled before walking out.

Sitting on the table I waited, picking at my finger nail.

"Lord please help me." I whispered a small prayer.

"Hey Nikki." Dr. Sanders walked in smiling

"Hey Amber." I forcefully smiled.

Amber is Duce's sister, she's been my doctor since she got a position at this medical center.

"Uh oh what's wrong?" She frown, putting her hands on her hips.

"My friend missing."

"Girl this the wrong office, what you need to do is going to the police station."

"No not an actual friend, I'm talkin' bout-"

"I'm just messin' with you I know what you mean." She burst out laughing.

"You play too much." I joined her laughing.

"Since I love you so much and I know you don't wanna wait. Even though you ain't set an appointment, imma do an ultrasound."

"Thank you." I breathed out.

"I got you, let me get Macy to bring the machine in." She walked out the room.

A few seconds later Amber and a girl, I'm guessing Macy, walked in with the ultrasound machine.

"Ight let's see what I'm workin' with. Macy hit the lights." Putting cold gel on my stomach she moved the transducer around. "I heard what happen with Jay and my brother, y'all funny." She laughed.

"Wait you not mad?"

"If I was mad I would not be takin' care of you right now. Now would I?"

"I guess not." I chuckled.

"Plus I woulda did the same thing times ten. That's what his little ass get, bet his ass won't cheat no more." She whispered the last part.

"Right, I don't know what he was thinking. He knew Jay crazy."

"I surprised she didn't fight the girl. But anyway." Amber rolled her eyes dramatically. "Well there it is!" She smiled looking at the screen. "Yes indeed you are pregnant."

Shocked I couldn't really say anything.

>>>>

Walking out into the waiting room with my manila envelope, August stood up. I almost forgot he was here.

"Yah good?" He looked worried.

"Yea."

"Yah ready?"

"Yea."

"Ight." He gave me the same worry look.

Walking out the doctors office, August grabbed my hand.

"So wad da doc say?"

"Huh?"

"Nikki wads wrong." He let my hand go, and stop walking.

"Nothing August." I mumbled.

"Wads in da envelope?"

"Medicine." I looked down at the ground.

"For wad beybeh?" He sound irritated.

"August I'm pregnant." I lowly muffled

"Damn it Nikki I can't hear yah."

"I'm-pr-eg-nant." I broke my sentence down.

"Don't be gettin' ah attitude wit me." He laughed. "Why yah sad fo huh?" August lift my head up.

"August, Liyah not even one yet, and I don't want you to feel like I'm trappin' you--"

"Wait wait one yo ass ain't trappin' a nigga dat fo'sho, so shut dat down. Two beybeh Liyah gon be just fine, a nigga got chu, ha' and Aj, calm down ight?" I nodded "Can yah man getta smile please?"

August wrapped his arms around me, as I smiled a genuine smile.

"Thank yah." He kissed me.

"Baby we just blockin' the sidewalk."

"Dey betta' walk dey ass around." I laughed knowing he was dead serious.

>>>>