♛ | "jealous, jug?"

| JUGHEAD JONES |

"...but you won't believe how awesome this movie is Y/N, trust me you'll love it," You gave your best friend a small, almost sympathetic smile before continuing to fiddle with the hems of your sleeves. "Are you alright? You've been switched off since I bought tonight up."

Jughead had been monitoring your behaviour since he'd brought up your infamous 'movie night' and it didn't take him long to acknowledge something was up.

Every Thursday, you and Jughead would take it in turns to dig out a movie the other hadn't seen before, and you would proceed to watch it with snacks, blankets and each other's company. It had always been your favourite night of the week and you'd been doing it for as long as either of you could remember.

It was like your friendship's tradition.

Until now. 

"Yeah, I'm fine Jug."
"Please, I know the face of guilt when I see it. What's going on?" You hesitated, biting on your lower lip. Jughead leaned foward on the student lounge's tartan couch and folded his arms, an eyebrow raised.

After a few, long minutes of tense silence, you finally gave in to Jughead's innocent eyes.
"Fine! I have a date tonight, that's it." You said, throwing your arms in the air. You were defeated.

Jughead looked half confused, half surprised and a tad annoyed. Slowly, but surely, his expression softened.
"You should've just said," Jughead rolled his eyes. "And who may this lucky man be?" Sarcasm practically dripped off his words.

"What? You jealous, Jug?" Jughead scoffed at the thought.
"Of course not. It'd be nice to know the crasher of our two-man party though,"
"Raj. He makes films."
"You've got to be kidding right?"
"Juggie, please. It's just this once and I promise I'll make it up to you."

Jughead sighed deeply at the thought of spending his Thursday night alone in his shack at the Twilight with nothing other than his makeshift bed for warmth and his laptop for company.

"You promise?" He mumbled. You nodded fiercely, knowing your promises were made to be kept.

"I promise."

It was almost six in the evening now and rather than sitting miserably in his acquired home, Jughead had made his way down to Pop's diner to continue his novel.

Or rather to get you out of his head.

See, the second you'd mentioned the word 'date' to him this morning, he knew exactly what he was feeling. And he sure as hell didn't want to feel that way.

It was wrong, wasn't it?

For someone as elusive and closed off as Jughead to have such feelings for someone as extraordinary as you, yet somehow you managed to almost completely knock down his walls with a simple 'hi' and that sparkling smile of yours.

Jughead knew he shouldn't be jealous. He was your best friend. That's all he was ever going to be.

As these thoughts and images of you clouded the boy's mind, his fingers stopped tapping against the keyboard and rubbed his forehead instead.