Chapter 1

Hello. I am Ruby Chayla. I am a left.

Thousands of years ago, the world was separated into right-handed people and left-handed people. The right-handeds got to live on the west hemisphere. The left-handeds got to live in the east hemisphere. Isn't that funny, that the right-handeds lived on the left side of the Earth? Anyway, the right-handeds had always been prejudiced against the left-handeds. They could enforce any rule they wanted to on the left-handeds, because there were and have always been more right-handeds than left-handeds. Eventually, the left-handeds were forced to live only in the east hemisphere. However, the right-handeds were not happy with this. They wanted to show their dominance over left handeds. So they went with they machines and destroyed the land- flooded it, burned it, and bombed it. Then they allowed the left-handeds to live there. Also, they established new names for both the left-handeds and the right-handeds. The right-handeds are rights (because they are always right) and the left-handeds are lefts (because they should be left behind). Also because the rights use their right hand and the lefts use their left hand, but if you can't turn something into an eerie saying, is it even worth saying? 

The left land has been torn apart by the rights. Our families have been torn apart. We have food shortages all the time. We live on practically nothing. The rights live in mansions, eating cake and drinking wine every day they please. Occasionally, the exceptionally rich rights will come over and take some lefts to the right land, so that they can become slaves and servants for the rights. That's how they get the grunt work jobs in the right land filled. By kidnapping lefts and forcing them to work. Otherwise, they die in pain and a new shipment of lefts is sent over.

Every year, rights come over and punish the lefts for being alive. For being on this Earth. For being left-handed. They don't leave a single left unless they are hurt.

They arrive tomorrow.