Chapter Six

A/N: First of all, I want to apologize for taking so long to update the story. Out of gratitude, I went back and edited and consolidated the past chapters. I know it's been way too long, but thanks for reading!

I've been working this tech job for a few months now. My life has finally settled down and I feel like a real right. I've nearly slipped up and used my left hand a few times, but honestly, the transition from being a left to a right is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I've been placed in a high position and there is already talk of me being promoted. It turns out my Left experience comes in very handy because I know the inner workings of technology and how they can be improved based on what went wrong in my homeland. Eli and I are happy living together; we both provide enough money to satisfy our basic needs and it's fun living with a friend. In the mornings, we watch the news and eat breakfast, then go off to work. In the evenings, we come home and talk about our days before eating dinner and going off to bed. It is one of these days that we find ourselves turning on the television to watch a daily broadcast.

"Good morning, folks, and welcome to the Righteous Right Reports, a news station dedicated to getting the best news out to those who need it. I'm your host, Sal Sanden, and this is your morning news." I shake my head upon hearing this, as I do every morning. Eli grins at me, knowing I'm annoyed by his words. The news for those who need it? Ridiculous. 

Sal Sanden talks a little about small town stories and jokes with his co-host before something surprising happens. A man in a dark suit runs on to the screen and whispers something in Sal's ear. Instantly, a dark look crosses over the news host's face. "Uh, folks, we have just received word that something shocking is happening. Strange storms are brewing across the city, and they just came up out of the blue. Our top meteorologists are looking into them, but there is no explanation for them just yet. Take care when you're outside." Eli and I look at each other, then run to the windows. Sure enough, large clouds have spread across the horizon, each one of them a menacing dark shade of grayed purple. "That's weird," whispers Eli, "I don't like the look of that." Neither do I, and Eli and I discuss the strange weather a little bit before finishing our breakfasts quickly and heading off to work. I don't know what's going on with the weather, but I just hope that it will clear up quickly.

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. As I'm working, a shadow falls across the building. The clouds are blocking out the sunlight, which causes an eerie darkness to fall upon the city. My coworkers and I exchange worried looks, and we all hurry out of the building the second work ends. Nobody wants to stay outside for any longer than necessary. When I get home, Eli is already there and flipping through the news to see if anything is changed. He motions for me to see what's on. "Look." He points to the news, where a meteorologist is talking quickly. "..and there's no apparent reason for these clouds. If we were to predict something, we'd say that this weather is a result of some biological warfare targeting the atmosphere, but no countries have any technology that advanced and everyone is confused by this. At the mention of biological warfare, I turn to Eli. "Do you think someone is causing this?" He looks lost in thought. "I'm worried it's not someone, but something. Something bad."

We go to bed early, as if we hope that sleep will make the clouds go away, but when we wake up in the morning, the world has only gone from bad to worse.