Chapter 2

A/N: My Wattpad refuses to work today. Please tell me if you can read the first page. I'm having problems with it and I will attempt to republish the chapter if necessary. Otherwise, happy reading!

There are planes roaring across the sky. Hundreds of them, all carrying bloodthirsty rights. It's no use trying to hide from them. I've done it before, but they bring hunting dogs to sniff out the ones that try to hide. Those ones are always the ones that end up dead, or inches away from dead in my case. This is always the time of year that hospitals are the most crowded, although first the doctors have to heal themselves. Otherwise we have no doctors to heal our wounds and curse at the rights with us. Slowly, I leave my hut along with my neighbours. The sooner we can get this over with, the better. Some people try to hide behind trees or crouch behind huts. I don't try to hide my face. I don't care about the rights and their insane ideas of punishment. Soon enough, their government shall collapse and we shall have our freedom.

The airplanes have landed. The doors are opening. Men are streaming out in waves, starting to attack the lefts closest to them. I clenched my teeth and waited. Soon, one reached me.

He punched me in the stomach and I doubled over. He kicks me a couple of times and then reaches for a nearby rock. He throws it at my head, hitting my in my forehead. "Good-for-nothing left," he mutters, "It would be better if you all just died off." What a nice man. He struts away, looking like a peacock for all his ego. I put my hand on my forehead and feel something wet. I look at my hand. Blood, but only a little bit. I was lucky. 

Suddenly, off to my right I hear a scream. It's a girl's voice, yelling about a bad man hurting her. Wait. I know that voice! That's little Kacie's voice-but she is 5  years old. I sprint over to the voice. The rights are NOT hurting a 5-year-old. Not when I can do something about it. 

I find Kacie backed up against a hut, yelling as a man hits her again and again. Suddenly, I see red. I run at the man, kicking him into a tree. I grab a heavy stick from the ground and hit him with it again and again. Out of the corner of my eye I see a blur come and put something over the man's mouth. The man stops moving. I look and see a boy about my age standing over the man. He's using his right hand to push a cloth down over the man's mouth. Wait. A right just attacked a right?

"Sorry about that," the boy says, "but I couldn't just let him hurt her." "That's what I was doing," I said, "also, what was on that cloth?" He holds it up. It appears to be stained with a blue chemical. "This is Bhaefen. It's a powerful poison, invented just a few years ago." I shake my head, sighing. Stupid rights and their stupid poisons with confusing names. "So why did you kill that right if you are a right?" I ask, still wondering why he would do such a thing. "Oh, yes, that. I will explain in a second once we help that girl to a safer location." I nod in agreement. Kacie is still shivering, angry at the 'bad man'. I pick her up and say, "Hey, crazy Kacie, do you mind if we put you in your hut for a couple minutes? You'll need to be really quiet so that more bad men don't come." She nods, so I bring her to her hut and put her inside, wrapping her with a blanket so she won't get cold. "I promise I'll come back, so don't worry, ok Kacie?" "Ok," her little voice pipes up, "Just don't take too long." I agree and leave the hut. The boy and I start to walk along, avoiding rights as we go.

"So, my name is Eli. This was the first year I was allowed to go overseas at this time. I have always hated the left-right prejudice, and I decided that this year I would try to help stop it in my own small way. I figured that it would be better to have one anti-prejudice right instead of one anti-left person, so I came. I've been taking out rights like that all day. Now, who are you?
"I am Ruby Chayla. I am a left, as you can tell. That girl we just saved, Kacie, was 5. Thank you, by the way, for helping her. Also, thank you for coming today. The world needs more rights like you. Now, let's go take out more rights!"