Goodbyes

🎶I'm a million miles away from anywhere
I slide my hands across the sheets, pretend you're there
But missing you is a slow burn, every time the earth turns
I'm reminded that night is only half the time

Even when I'm hurting I know that this is worth it
Tell me it'll be alright
Gotta give me something to get me through the nothing
One more night

Kiss me like the world is gonna disappear
I'm a better person when I have you here
I got you and I can get through
Anything as long as I can see your face
Right now you're so far away, so far away
You're so far away, so far away 🎶

It was 1pm when the Intelligence met outside the church, today was Jay's funeral. They day they said goodbye to a friend, husband, son and father.

Erin stood outside the church, she wasn't strong enough to get inside alone, when the team showed up, she took a deep breath. She felt many hands on her back, all of them trying to support her.

"Today, we say goodbye to a husband, father, son and a friend. "

The priest started his speech, and Erin played with her rings, she couldn't look up, she wasn't able to see the coffin.

"There is a sacredness in treas. They are not the mark of weakness, put of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messenger of overwhelming grief..... and unspeakable love."

The priest ended his speech and now it was time for Jay's family and friends to say something. Erin wanted to do this alone so she asked her family to say something.

"In the years to come, I may not remember many of the words Jay spoke. But the memories of what he conveyed without speaking a word, will stay in my heart. He was an awesome friend, a strong and kind person. You had been a great friend Halstead"

Antonio's speech filled Erins eyes with treas, every single word he said was true. Voight stood up and started his speech

"I'm not good with saying goodbye.. I want to thank you Halstead, for being this heartwarming person, you made my kid happy, and that's more than I could ask for. I promise you that we will keep one eye on our little family, for you."

This time Erin wasn't able to held the treas back, this speech was incredible. She felt Ruzeks arm around her, when they made their way outside the church. The whole ceremony, when they put the coffin into the hole in the ground, was heartbreaking and all Erin wanted to do was jumping after the coffin.