Chapter 18

Kaiden's POV:
"Alright but we have to pull through this," Anthony shouted at Francis.

"We will god damn it," Francis shouted back, "but we can't be too trusting. Don't tell me how to run my business."

"Maybe if you knew what the hell you were doing I wouldn't have to."

I stood up from the chair I was currently sitting in and walked over to the bar. The bartender that was usually here took the day off so I had to pour myself a drink.

I poured one for Anthony to grab once he was done screaming at Francis.

"Kaiden," Tag called me over, "come here for a second."

I grabbed my drink before walking over to where Tag and Richard stood.

"We need to know the date of the wedding," Richard suggested as he grabbed a napkin and pen.

"The date? Already?" I drank a bit of my beer.

"Well how the hell do you expect an attack if we don't even know when you two are getting married," Tag took a seat.

"I just proposed to the damn girl how the hell do you expect us to have this set already," I put my drink on the nearest table.

"Francis isn't going to like this," Richard raised an eyebrow to Tag.

"No he's definitely not," Tag crossed his arms.

"If he has a problem with it he can take it up with me personally," I imitated Tag's actions.

Richard shrugged me off before walking away.

"I fucking hate this place," I mumbled to myself.

"Same here man," Anthony commented from behind.

He grabbed the drink I had left him on the counter and chugged it down.

"You have a fucking drinking problem dude," I commented.

"Can you blame me after dealing with all this shit Francis puts me through?"

"Last time I checked I was the one who was being forced to marry Vincent's fucking daughter."

Anthony's expression changed as he realized my point.

"Fair enough."

He checked the time on his wrist watch and stood up from the bar stool.

"I got to go pick up Em from Sam's apartment."

I nodded my head at him as he left the safe house. As I pulled my phone out to check the time, I felt it vibrate.

*when's the next time you're free?*

Rachel's text lit up bright.

*Now's good for me*

Before I could even press send, my phone began to ring, Rachel's name in bold letters on my screen.

"Hello?"

"We need to finish this project, its due next month and we barely have anything done," Rachel's voice sounded monotone.

"Yea, we should," I spoke.

"Can you meet up now then?" Her eager-less tone pierced through the phone.

"Yea sure."

"Your house or mine?"

"I'm closer to mine right now so..."

"I'll be there in 10."

And with that Rachel hung up the phone. I walked out of the warehouse and into my car. I drove home as quickly as I could to beat her there. After about 4 minutes she showed up at my door steps.
B
"Hey."
_______________________________