Chapter 30

Rachel's POV:
"Rachel?" Logan stuttered.

"Ah I was right. You two do know each other," Victor smiled as he clapped his hands. "I'll allow you two to catch up, then I will come and collect Rachel."

I slowly turned from Victor who was exiting, to Logan.

"Why are you here," Logan leaned forward.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, not knowing what to think.

"That doesn't matter. Answer my question Rachel. What the hell are you doing here?"

"I was fucking kidnapped here!" I shouted, holding back the tears.

Logan's face froze. His breathing seemed to come to a complete stop.

"When?"

His expression remained the same.

"I don't know. All I remember is hearing gunshots and being attacked," I felt my throats tighten.

"In an alley?" Logan asked.

I was taken back for a second. Did he know something I didn't?

"...yes..." I stuttered.

Logan ran both of his hands through his hair, tugging whatever he could as he paced around.

"Oh my god that was you," he continued to pace around, "You were the one who heard me."

I froze. I heard him?

"You were the one who had the gun?" I shrank in my spot.

Logan stopped pacing and stared anxiously at me, horrified.

"Why were you there? Ethan let you go? Did you even tell him you were there?" Logan bombarded me with questions, throwing his arms in the air.

"I did tell him... sort of," I blinked rapidly.

"Sort of? What does that mean?" He stared at me in disbelief.

"I-I left him a note. He was sleeping when I left since he was working on that essay and I didn't want to wake him. I left him the address on it," I informed Logan extremely panicked and confused.

"And he didn't say anything to you after he woke up? He didn't go get you or even leave you a call?" Logan continued tossing his arms in the air.

I thought back to the scene. The flashbacks of the party came rushing back. I remembered the missed phone calls and the unseen text messages I had received.

"He called and texted me. I was going to the back to call him back because he left me so many of them. That's all I remember," I scratched my head.

"Oh my god what have I done," Logan whispered to himself as he began to pace once again, his hands in his face.

I looked up at him, terrified on the inside. It was very evident on the outside as my body was softly shaking.

"W-Why did you shot someone?" I stammered, holding my breath.

Logan stopped pacing, his eyes shut tight. His hope of me not asking was evident in his expression.

"You won't understand," he replied after a bit.

"I won't understand?" I muttered in disbelief, "How the hell am I supposed to understand that my brother is a murderer?" I shouted.

He forcefully grabbed me by the throats and pushed me back, slamming my back against a wall.

"I am not a murderer," he growled, his teeth never parting.

My eyes went wide as I clawed at his hand which was tightened around my neck, slowly suffocating me. Immediately he realized what he was doing and let me go, stepping back.