Chapter Twenty-Nine

Victoria's Point of View

"What the hell do you mean that I cannot see my son! You put me through eighteen hours of labor without any medication then decide to tell me that I cannot see him!" I screamed at the doctor. I had just given birth to my baby boy. 

My beautiful baby. My beautiful Matthew James Winchester. I haven't seen him since the doctors took him from me. Of course, I know that babies are taken in order to be checked out to see if they are healthy. But you always see if they are okay, you always return the baby to its mother. A  baby needs it's mother.

"Ma'am please, we are doing all we can. There is just some minor problems wit the child that the doctor is trying to figure out. If you give him another hour-" The nurse said walking closer to me. 

"You said that an hour ago! Bring me my baby now!" I screamed. Dean and Sam came running in the room. 

"Get out," Dean said walking over to me. Sam took my hand and Dean ushered the nurse out. He closed the door and I sat there staring at the door.

"Where is he? Why aren't they letting me see him?" I said looking at Sam. "You've seen him, haven't you?" He didn't answer. He just stood there looking at the floor, "Haven't you?!" I screamed and Sam flew back against the wall. Sam fell, not daring to move from the floor. Dean stood next to the bed not daring to move.

"Victoria, you need to calm down. There's nothing that we can do," Dean said putting his hand on mine. I pulled my hand away and stared at the door. I watched as nurses and doctors ran past the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Sam getting up from the floor. He walked over to me and put his arm around me. I felt like I couldn't move and that's when I knew.

"Sam," I started. He looked at me and I looked back at him, "Isn't a devil's trap a little rude?" Sam took his arm from me and walked over to the window running a hand through his hand.

"What else was I supposed to do? I can't have you have one of your episodes with Matthew in the room! I don't trust it, Vicki!" Sam yelled turning around to look at me.

"Where is it?" I asked looking back at the door.

"The roof. You're on the top floor and while you were asleep, Cas put one up there," Dean said.

"Is this why I cannot see my baby? Because you two are scared that if you give him to me that he will be stuck in the devil's trap, too?" I asked not removing my eyes from the door. If I looked at him then I knew I would start screaming and not be able to control myself. Then I would truly never been able to see my son.

"Soon you will understand why we did this," Dean said walking out of the room. 

"I will ask again. Is this why I cannot see my son?" I asked. I knew I was getting angry. I looked at the opposite wall from Sam, the one that Dean was just standing by.

"We don't want to take any chances, Vicki. Please understand that we are doing what is best for you," Sam said walking back over to me. He stuck his hand on mine. I pulled it away.

"Don't touch me," I said looking down at the white bed sheets. 

"Vicki, I hope you know that I'm only doing this to help our son. I only want what is best for him. If keeping you from him is what is best for him then that is what needs to be done," Sam said before looking at the door.

"Get out. I don't want to hear any more of this," I said looking at Sam. From the way he flinched, he believed I was mad but I wasn't at all, I was devastated. Not being able to see my son. What kind of bullshit is this?

"Vicki, I love-" Sam started.

"I said, get out," I said cutting him off. I couldn't stand to hear him say that he loved me for the first time. Not like this. Not when he had me locked in a devil's trap. He looked like a sad puppy left in the rain. I closed my eyes, I wouldn't have to see him. That's all that matters, "If you see my father out there, send him in. I want to talk to him."