chapter forty-three.

holy grail.

●-●-●-●

Filming for The Ring had official begun. Billie's main outfit for the movie had been a pair of jeans with a white shirt and a leather jacket. At that moment they had a set put together in a studio while they worked on some effects.

Shaylynn had scrambled together an interview to fit in Myra's tight schedule. She had scheduled the interview at three, and it was two forty-five and she hadn't been given approval to leave set.

She anxiously checked her watch, watching the seconds tick by. The director and members of the crew were in a hushed conversation. Naomi had left for her trailer since they were filming a scene about Myra's character and she wasn't needed until later.

She ran her hands through her hair knowing whoever did her hair would yell at her. She once again peeked down at her watch, the minute hand moved from it spot where she had last seen it.

"Myra, you're free to go," the director released her and she wasted no time in grabbing her car keys.

She pulled out of the studio, going as fast as she could with speeding. She ended up swearing loudly when she got caught in red light, glad her kids weren't there to hear. Myra drummed her fingers against the steering wheel, eyes transfixed on the light which switched to green after a minute.

She made it to where the interview was five minutes late. They only had time to touch up her makeup and her hair before she was rushed to wherever she was supposed so go. She sat in the chair and the interviewer gathered herself together.

The cameras turned on as she introduced herself as Mary Kelly. She then turned attention to Myra by launching into questions.

"It's great to finally meet you," she began, "This is a question many of us have head about your song Formation. Many perceive it as a song for black power, but you are Indian, is this right?"

"I wrote Formation thinking about my dad who recently passed away. He would tell me stories about when he was young where he was made fun of for his skin color," explained Myra, "He lived through the era of segregation, and I sort of did but for maybe two years at the most. I don't fully identify as Indian despite being raised partly by mother who's family goes back generations in India. I identify personally more as an African American Indian if you understand."

"I understand that you also have two kids now. How have they been?" Mary continued.

"They've been doing good. They play alot with each other and the dogs," she shrugged.

"What about you? Everyone heard that you went to rehab for a painkiller addiction," Mary switched.

"After my dad died, I was sort of lost. So, I turned to the painkillers that was prescribed to me when I fractured my wrist because that sort of disconnected me from everything," she briefed, wanting to leave the subject.

"Do you have any other injuries?" She asked.

"When I was in high school I was in marching band and after a really long parade my knee actually gave out. I couldn't walk, so I was taken to the hospital later and it turns out I had sprained it," she reminisced, "I had to use a knee brace and still do sometimes because when were practicing choreography, it'll be a spin and I'll go to do it, but my leg turns and my foot spent follow and it'll hurt for the next week or so, but I'm used to it."

The interview continued on. Mary went deep into her personal life, but Myra brought it back to her career. She wanted to keep whatever small bit of privacy she could, especially with her kids involved.

Myra had to return to set when the interview finished. She parked her car and jogged to reach the set. When she arrived she found the hair and makeup people ushering her around.

They fixed the loose curls that they had decided on for her character. They touched up her makeup once more before she was released to head back.

Naomi was waiting and ready as they had the cabin in the woods set up for them. She held a video tape in her hands that played the fake cursed video that they had to watch. Naomi passed the tape to Myra for her character was the one who held it in the script.

"Okay, Myra, Naomi, when I say action, I want you to to start from when you walk into the cabin. Then, Myrax you're gonna put the tape in the tv while Naomi has the remote. The phone is set up to ring when it's over. Got it?" The director rambled while Naomi and Myra gave him absent nods.

"Action!" He called, and Myra and Naomi did their best.

They recited their lines and moved to their markers on the floor. When the tape had finished the phone rang and that s when he called cut. They then repeated the scene many more times until he was satisfied with the end result.