Chapter 19

“I see you two have worked your magic, as usual.” Tao started the conversation.

“Yeah! Its looks amazing, guys.” Chanyeol supported Tao.

“Let’s be honest, it was pretty much all Nana.” I said looking at Nana.

“Nonsense. We’re all a team, of course.” Nana said back.

She clapped her hands, bubbly as usual. “How about we started off with a toast?” Nana suggested.

“God yes, I think I’ve earned that after carting these two around all day. I’ve never felt like more of a third wheel in my life.” Hyori said with a giggle.

“ And do you two always have to wrestle in public?” Hyori said as she eyed those two gentlemen.

“Yes.” “Absolutely”

both Tao and Chanyeol chimed at the same time.

Hyori let out an exaggerated sigh but winked at me. She was happy too, it seemed.

”See what I mean? So hit me up.” Hyori said. Nana scampered off to the kitchen, and the next thing I knew, I was being swept up in a hug.

“Just when I think you can't get any cooler, you go and do this.” Chanyeol said to me. It was hard to breathe around this arms squeezing me, but I managed to wheeze.

“I found your cake. Nana totally knew it was you.” I told him.

“Oops. Well, I tried” Chanyeol said back. There was the sound of a throat clearing.

“I would think there are ways to show your gratitude other than strangling our friend.” Tao said to Chanyeol.

“Oh.. Right.” Chanyeol blushed as he released me from his embrace. I turned to Tao. He gave me a soft smile, then his hands came up to gentle squeeze my arms.

“Thank you, really.” he said to me.

“N-no problem. It was nothing, really.” I stuttered a bit.

He patted my head, and I could feel myself bask in his kind gaze. What had I done to deserve such amazing friends?

“If we’re done being awkwardly intense about thanks you's, anyone want tea?” Hyori said.

This time all three of us blushed and we joined our friend. But Hyori, to her credit, only winked at me knowingly. It made me think about what Nana had said earlier.

Were both of these men madly in love with me?

That seemed a bit heavy handed.....

but I couldn’t deny that I had affection for both of them. They occupied the deepest places of my heart. All four of my friends did.

But did one of them have a special place... One reserved for romance?

“Oolong! Nana really does thing of everything!” Chanyeol exclamation was enough to distract me from my complicated thoughts. And, as if cue, Nana came in armed with the cake.

“I really do. You can thank me later. But please, I like the both feet on the floor for that.” Nana said to Chanyeol. Nana set the cake on the table and went about cutting slices for everyone.

Soon, we were all eating and sipping our drinks and just laughing. It felt amazing to just cut loose and have fun. We’re basically a family, a family that could potentially lose almost half of its members.

That was depressing....

*****

“Oh, by the way, I brought a trivia game. Who wants to play?” Nana wriggled her eyebrows.