Chapter one

Picture above just broke my heart.

Five years since the Giant War and four and a half years since my parents deaths. I was not the same girl after that. The childish part of my personality has died down. Instead demigods view me as a heroic figure that is wise beyond my years. I would have laughed in their face about six years ago.

I guess sarcasm and humor doesn't come as easily as before when you've seen too much.

The war was over, but the price had been far, far too high.

Too many have died for the gods and their mistakes.

My family died. My unborn brother went with them. I'm the one left standing

After Tartarus, I knew that things would be different. I would be different, but I could handle it. I had my friends and my parents to rely on after all, but then they died along with my unborn brother. I just...broke. 

I felt so empty, so alone.

Memories came back so easily. Nightmares happened often.

No matter what I do to move on from the pain. I'll always know that I'll never get to hug my mother again.

I'll never see my little sibling grow up. I'll never see my stepfather do what he loves best, teaching.

I missed the times when my mother would sit down and watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with me. We would sing along with the oompa loompas and cuddle. We'd be eating blue popcorn and make jokes about the movie. They were some magical times.

I missed her warm smile.

I tried watching it again, but it wasn't the same.

And Paul died protecting my mother. He was the best stepfather I ever had. He may have been just a mortal and didn't even have the sight, but he sure handled the demigod world better than anyone else.

I tried moving on. After all I should be grateful. I still had my friends.

Though the only friends that were at camp was Annabeth and Leo. The others were off doing their other duties.

I was determined to keep my pain a secret. My friends thought I was okay now. That was good.

I even went on a few dates with some other demigods to prove it. Though I never got serious with any of the demigods.

I led a normal demigod life. Until I went to the candy shop.

The shop was the normal shop. I just wanted to get some candy for my friends for when I got back.

It happened right when I entered the shop. I looked down and suddenly the ground was a lot closer than it was before. I walked past a mirror and freaked out.

I was twelve years old! Twelve!

This isn't possible! Is this a dream? I pinched myself hard.

Nope, not I dream. I rubbed the sore spot.

"Percy, what are you doing here?" A familiar voice said from behind me.

Mother? I slowly turned around.

There she was. She was younger, but she was alive! And all I could do was stare.

"How many times do I have to tell you that skipping school is not an option," Sally said with a sigh.

I snapped out my shock for a second.

"I-uh I'm sorry?"

She smiled and shook her head.