Chapter 4: You Found Love

Erin sat down in a seat and waited. It had only been an hour since Jay was brought in. Her whole world was spinning in circles. She had no clue what she would do without him. If he didn't make it she didn't know how she'd raise her daughter and Chase alone.

Erin looked up as Will stood in front of her. "Will?"

"Yeah.."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Erin the bullet is lodge far. I don't know how he even made it to surgery. The surgery isn't near being finished."

"Oh." She said

She put her head down and nothing made sense. Not anymore.

"Will I don't know what to do without him. Please save him." She said

"I will. I can't lose my little brother not before he meets his daughter." Erin walked closer to Will and gave him a hug.

"Jay is lucky to have you." Will added

"The day before my birthday Uncle Jay has to get shot. OF course. The day before his birthday. This isn't fair. I was so excited about my birthday party." Erin sat back down and pulled Chase in for a hug.

""Hey kid it'll be alright. I promise. Uncle Jay is going to be alright and he's going to wake up."

"I'm scared though Aunt Erin. He's still in there. Mom died it's only a matter of time before Uncle Jay does."

"Uncle Jay isn't going anywhere I promise. He's the strongest person I know. I promise he isn't." Erin's voice cracked and tears filled her face.

"Erin. Come see." Kevin said

"Yeah?"

"This stress isn't good for the baby." Erin nodded her head.

"I know. I can't help but worry. He's my husband, my best friend my partner if only I had been."

"In there? Are you crazy? Erin you're pregnant. There's nothing you could have done. We'd rather you not be in there. That baby needs to be protected. You going in there would have risked it.. I know how much you and Jay wanted a baby."

"We've waited so long."

"I know you did so come here." Kevin pulled her in and held her tight as she cried.

"Kev, thank you."

"You don't need TO thank me."

WILL walked out and so did Rhodes by this time it was late Wednesday night. Chase was sleeping on the chair and Erin was texting Mouse asking if he could pick up Chase.

"Erin?" Erin looked up and realized who it was. Her eyes adjusted. Her eyes were bloodshot. She looked scared she was scared. She thought what if she was there but she couldn't have done anything. She was pregnant. If she wasn't pregnant. She could have.

Those things were racing through her mind.

"Hank?" Will said

Hank walked over and stood by Erin.

"Jay's fall caused his head to obtain a brain injury. His brain injury well it caused swelling. We don't know the extents of the injury, If and when it will go down. That's not up to us. The bullet hit in his shoulder we were able to get that one out. The one that hit his lower abdomen, hit and was lodged in his left kidney. We were able to locate it but in the process we cut some of his kidney. The recovery of it will be long. We have hope that he'll make it but due to the brain injury I'm afraid he slipped into a coma, and we want him to stay in it, until his brain injury heals. It's only for the best." Erin's heart raced