Chapter Five

He didn't pause in his stride one second as he turned and headed to where he had last made eye contact with Malfoy. Fortunately, his partner was as unflinchingly aware of him as he was Malfoy, so he too changed his course, both of them taking the obvious path towards the locker.

They had two choices as Harry saw it; allow Lestrange to remove whatever was behind the door and risk trying to take it from her afterwards, or attempt to spring the lock and recover the contents before she had the time to reach it. The second option was preferable, as if they were swift she would not see their faces and it would allow them extra time to make their escape. However, they only had a minute and a half maximum head start on her, and he wasn't sure that was enough of a window to pick the lock without any passers-by noticing.

His heart rate naturally picked up as he and Malfoy approached one another in front of the lockers. It was just gone 6pm, which meant rush hour and the station was heaving with commuters. That gave them a little bit of cover to work he supposed, but if any one of the German civilians looked over and saw they were without a key, it could spell disaster very quickly. Also, Bellatrix may have been of the fairer sex, but her portfolio was far bloodier than that of her husband's. Harry did not want to put any innocents between her and them if at all possible.

Malfoy reached the locker first, and was evidently on the same wavelength as Harry as he already had two pins out, sliding them into the lock before he had even stopped walking. Harry came and stood next to him, hopefully shielding him from any curious commuters from seeing what he was up to, and within seconds the he heard the lock tumble. "Impressive," Harry couldn't help but murmur as Malfoy yanked the door open.

Inside sat a single, small circular canister which Harry assumed from years of experience to be a reel of microfilm, and his heart leapt. The information on those slides could be absolutely invaluable.

Once the Lestranges knew their rendezvous point had been compromised they would obviously flee, but the other agents could keep tabs on them for that. It was now Harry and Malfoy's duty to get that microfilm out of the country.

Harry snatched it and placed it in his pocket as Malfoy shut the door. He glanced up to check they had enough time before Bellatrix was upon them, then hastily began to relock it using his picks. But Harry looked behind them, from the opposite direction that Bellatrix was heading, and made eye contact with a stranger. He had no idea who he was, but as soon as the man spotted them beside the locker, he reached inside his jacket, his face alight with surprise and anger.

"Time to go," Harry cried. He grabbed Malfoy's arm, dragging him away from the locker, his pins clattering to the ground as they broke into a run.

Luckily, there were plenty of people rushing around trying to catch their trains, and some were even hurrying beside Malfoy and him. But Harry knew that blending in would be essential if they were to make a getaway, and the man would be looking for two men sprinting away, so he slowed them down to a hurried walk. He hoped the other man hadn't got a good enough look at them to identify them in a crowd, but Harry had no way of knowing what kind of training he might have had. He really didn't want to risk pulling his gun amongst so many civilians, but he touched his hand to the handle just in case.

"You have it?" Malfoy double checked, presumably referring to the microfilm case. Harry let go of his arm, as he was perfectly capable of keeping up by himself, and that sort of contact would only draw attention. But a part of him was tempted to keep hold of him anyway, for a kind of reassurance, which was absurd.

"Yes, but we can't risk being caught now." They pushed through the crowds, and Harry looked around for the best route to take. They had been forced towards the trains and away from the major exits. They could take one of the emergency routes, but that would lead them to the railings out by the river, which gave them little cover once they were out in the open. They just needed a place to turn themselves around without being spotted...

"Quick," he said, grabbing Malfoy's arm and steering him once again. There was a photo booth to their left, the kind where one could print out passport i.d.'s, and it was currently not in use.

Malfoy didn't seem to understand what was going on until Harry shoved him inside, yanking the curtain shut behind him as the small space forced him to drop down...on top of Malfoy's lap.

Malfoy stared at him in utter incredulity. "Potter," he said slowly. "What are we doing?"

"Hiding," Harry said as if it was perfectly normal for him to be strewn across his lap. To be fair through, this would probably be the last place a lot of people would think to look for two men, and Harry congratulated himself on his ingenuity. "If you're legs weren't so long, I'd be able to fit on the seat."

Malfoy didn't seem to know where to put his hands, so he had them held up defensively. He swallowed, making his Adam's apple bob, and his eyes widened even further. Unfortunately, those small actions made Harry forget all about the neo-Nazis currently chasing them outside, as his goal of shaking Malfoy's unshakable resolve finally came to fruition.

He could have made a joke about finding oneselfit tight spots being all part of the job, but then he remembered what the day'sdate was, and decided to have some fun. "Happy Valentine's Day old chap," he said with no small amount ofdevilment. He reached into his pocketfor some coins, purposefully wriggling over Malfoy's groin, and feeling ratherpleased with the outraged gasp that earned him. "What's say we celebrate?"