Chapter Nine

Malfoy poured another glass, just the one this time, and quite a hefty measure. Harry, though, was about done with this absurdity. Why come to a safe house if it wasn't safe? He went to reach and grab at the neck of that damnable tan jacket and shake some sense out of his partner, when Malfoy's hand dropped from covering Harry's mouth, to slide down the inlay of his jacket's lapel.

Harry watched as he ran his fingers up and down the edges of the blazer. His breathing had come to a halt and his body tingled, unable to resist reacting to the intimate move. Malfoy was concentrating on his hands, and didn't seem to sense that Harry was staring at his lips. He was only a foot or so away, and if he just leant a bit closer...

Harry had never kissed a man before. That was something you did with women, when it was love-making and not fucking. Most of his experiences with men had simply been about having a good time, and getting to the climax. But Malfoy's lips were glistening in the faint light, and Harry was being drawn to them like a moth to a flame, as the old saying went.

He got lost in the sensation of Malfoy running his hands over his chest, so much so he almost did lean in. But that was before he felt Malfoy snick something from the lining towards the bottom of the jacket, and then held it up for Harry to see.

A bug.

He held the innocuous-looking listening device by its wired tail, the small circle of metal that made up the head glinting in the weak light.

Fury boiled through Harry's blood. His eyes darted back up to Malfoy, seeing a matching look of anger flash across his face, his jaw set in a grim but resigned line. They had been bugged. No wonder there had been an ambush at the train station.

Realisation flooded Harry all of a sudden as a memory from that morning resurfaced: the Polish maid who was fussing over his clothes, despite being told she could leave. Had she been one of Voldemort's agents, or had they simply paid her off?

Malfoy dropped the bug into the tumbler of vodka with a 'plunk!', before turning back to Harry. But Harry wanted his turn first.

With determination, he lifted his hands and began feeling the lining of Malfoy's tan jacket, hoping he wasn't the only one to have missed a bloody bug on his person. He would have to put the incident in his mission report, but hopefully the rest of his team would never find out. He would be hard pressed to ever live down the mortification.

Sure enough, loosely stitched behind the clothing label by the bottom of the zip, was another matching bug. Harry held it up triumphantly for Malfoy to see that he hadn't been the only one to fuck up, and then added it to the vodka, short-circuiting it efficiently.

Malfoy yanked at Harry's blazer, pushing it off his shoulders and dropping it to the floor. Harry scowled and clicked a noise of protest as he reached for it; couture should never simply be dumped on the floor. But Malfoy seized him by the shoulders and began inspecting his waistcoat, checking every inch for more bugs. Well, two could play that game.

As Malfoy extracted another bug from the waistcoat's small pocket, Harry shoved his tan jacket down, then began rubbing Malfoy's torso. It was unlikely there would be a bug in the middle of his jumper, but Harry wasn't going to take any chances. Neither was he going to miss an opportunity to get his hands on Malfoy's muscular body.

The main bulk of the turtleneck may have yielded no results, but under the rolled up collar was home to yet another bug, which Harry chucked into the vodka beside the one Malfoy had got off of his waistcoat. He was fuming that they'd been duped so easily. Without pausing to think, he let out a growl as he hiked the jumper over Malfoy's head, revealing the skin-tight vest underneath, clinging to his sculpted form. He might have had a chance to admire it, if he wasn't distracted by Malfoy's hands violently popping his waistcoat buttons, then attacking his tie.

There was just no place to hide a bug within the white vest, so Harry fought to unbuckle Malfoy's belt instead; he was rewarded with a bug in the folded over leather by the clasp, as Malfoy uncovered another one in the tip of his tie.

There was really no need to remove Malfoy's vest – there was nothing underneath for Harry to check. Not that might be hiding a listening device anyway. But Harry was caught in a kind of frenzy, and was yanking the vest from where it was tucked into the trousers and hauling it over Malfoy's head before he could stop and think. His hands then snapped back to his own shirt, starting from the bottom as he and Malfoy worked to unbutton it and get it off, along with his gun holster. He pulled his own vest over his head without needing prompting, running it through his hands to definitely rule out any devices then screwing it into a ball.

Whilst he was busy doing that, Malfoy had pulled his shoes off and began prying at the bottom of the heels with his fingernails. Sure enough, there was bug rattling around in the left one, and Harry found one in his right.

He chucked the brogues to the floor in disgust before crossing back over the small room to deposit the listening device into the glass. He was glad Malfoy had poured a large measure of vodka now, as the pile of bugs was almost reaching the top of the liquid. They weren't quite finished yet though.

He turned to find Malfoy right in front of him. He didn't pause as he reached out and mechanically undid Harry's belt buckle, whipping it from around his hips. He inspected it for anything untoward, but unlike Malfoy's design, there wasn't anywhere to hide a device. So he dropped the strip of leather to the carpet and set to work on Harry's trouser button and zip.