Prologue

Darkness

Was all I seen before the blindfold was ripped away from over my eyes. I surveyed my surroundings and realized we stood at the edge of a dock. I tried to find a way to escape yet the tight ass grip around my arm made sure I wasn't going anywhere.

I watched as a black car pulled up meters away from where I was standing. As the doors opened, out stepped Dom. My heart stopped in the pit of my throat. All my fear, pain, and anger coursed through my veins as I watched this man smile at me. This man that took everything from me. My life, my family, my world and yet there was no way of getting any of that back.

"Mira quiénes tenemos aquí. ¿Cómo te tratan, niña?" He asked with a sinister smile. I kept my face motionless. This man was not going to see me weak.

He stood infront of me, placing his hand against my cheek. I pulled my head away, just before spitting in his face. The anger I felt was enough to send me on edge. 'He would have to kill me before he watches me break'  I thought to myself.

Doms eyes darkened before he chuckled. "Mija, you should learn to act more lady like" he stated before punching me in my mouth. Blood gushed from my mouth as I groaned in pain. No one could have saved me from this tourment and Dom and his goons laughed at my misery.

"Dom dont make me smoke yo ass right here right now" those words echoed through my ears. I felt a sign of relief as Anthony stood there, Angelo and Chris not to far behind him. Angelo dropped the duffle bag infront of Doms feet.

"You got yo shit so let her go" Angelo stated as he pulled out his gun. Everything didnt matter the moment I looked into Chris's eyes. I knew she came for me. No one else but me.

I felt the pressure release from my arm as one of Doms guards grabbed the bag. I quickly ran to Chris's open arms as Anthony and Angelo watched Dom count the money. "You okay?" Chris asked as her grey eyes watched my brown ones. I nodded, unable to speak. This was too much for one girl to handle.

"Everthing is in there now we getting the fuck outta here "Anthony stated as he placed his gun away. Finally things were looking as if it was to be over. The running, the chases, losing loved ones....it was all over. As we turned away, we turned away for the worst.

"Hey niggers one more thing." We all stopped dead in our tracks, slowly turning around. "I cant leave witnesses" Dom stated as a shots began to fire. The dock turned into chaos as everyone ran to safety. I hid behind a cargo box trying to stop the tears from escaping my eyes. I wanted it to be over.

"Leilah!" I heard Chris scream. My body moved before my mind can think.  I captured her eyes before breaking off into a sprint towards her. God I should have thought this through.

"Bitch I should have killed you!" Dom screamed at me. I had no chance to react as more shots ran out.

"Leilah!"

Pain surged through my body as a bullet tore through my stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I cupped my stomach as the blood gushed through my fingers. My breathing became shallow, my eyes heavy. I stood at the edge of the dock, over looking the water. This is how it all ends.. My body became weaker and weaker as I sunked to my knees. The excruciating pain was to unbearable.

"Take your last breath bitch" Dom spat at me. I looked up at him barely able to keep my eyes open. "FUCK YOU!" I managed to say as my breathing was seizing. I couldnt figure out how my life turned down this route. I was suppose to grow up and live a happy life, get married and have kids and get out of this life style. And yet here I am, on the verge of my last breath.

" I hope you enjoy living with the sharks" Dom said just before his foot connected with the center of my chest knocking my body into the cold water. My body sunk down deeper and deeper into the ocean, sunking the oxygen I had left. My eyes began closing as the water filled my lungs.

This is how it all ends...life was taken before it was given. And yet somehow, I was at peace.

I smiled, as my eyes closed and my body consumed into the darkness.

This is the end...