Chapter 10: Breakthrough, Four Meridians True Qi

The previous Jiang Chen had started training his body from the age of six. Seeing as he was fifteen this year, he had spent seven or eight years clearing three acupoints, and coalescing three meridians true qi.

Achieving three meridians true qi would have been quite an accomplishment if he had been a child of any other ordinary family.

But he was the son of a duke, and had been born with a golden spoon in his mouth. His bloodlines were good, resources abundant, and potential excellent. To achieve only three meridians true qi after that many years of training was quite the failure amongst failures.

“To be honest, the duke of Jiang Han is a father who unconditionally takes his son’s side, and is quite forgiving.” Jiang Chen sighed lightly amongst laughter, but was not depressed.

“Twelve levels of true qi. Heh, if I remember correctly, these is a type of foundational training, merely a minor cycle of the path of cultivation. It is the lowest level of existence amongst all types of training. In my past life, I was the caretaker of the Tianlang Library, and was well versed in all aspects of divine and common knowledge. Now that I have reincarnated, how can I train in such an inconsequential path?”

Although he thought this way, reality was cruel and hash. Despite being full of wisdom and theories, he could only resign himself to walking these negligible paths of cultivation with the current condition of his body.

With his current body, he would probably train to death and still have nothing to show for it if he started off immediately practicing numerous grand methods.

Jiang Chen was a bit depressed. This was like sitting down to a spread of delicacies from land and sea, but he was limited to pairing only pickled roots with his rice. However, Jiang Chen was not overly downcast as he knew —

“The path of cultivation is the same for all. Many geniuses have emerged from ordinary commoners to ascend to legendary positions. But did not they all start with practicing the same minor methods of martial dao? I will observe the customs of this place and shall even improve on these minor methods.”

Jiang Chen was quite confident.

Once he had thought through this point, his entire being became spontaneously happy.

“Haha, I was thinking too much just now. Isn’t it such a huge joke that I want to upend the laws of cultivation as soon as I’ve arrived in this world? Although I can’t practice the numerous grand methods, don’t I have numerous ways to hasten my progress in this paltry true qi realm, and catch up to the greats?”

Jiang Chen was really fresh out of ideas if he’d wanted to use this body to practice grand methods. But practicing the minor methods in the realm of true qi — he had ideas aplenty then.

“This idiot, no wonder his true qi is so frail. How is his true qi supposed to improve when he fishes for three days and casts nets for two?”

“And, the way he’s using to circulate qi is completely incorrect. This method of breathing is complete nonsense.”

“My dear heavens, did this brat even spend an ounce of effort on training? How could he even get the order of true qi circulation wrong? What a character!”

“This is laughable. One needs to clear the twelve acupoints, but the practitioners of this world have no method of mapping their acupoints. Exploration is even needed?”

Jiang Chen discovered quite a few issues after a few random circulations of qi.

The most hysterical thing was that it was an exceedingly arduous trial each time a practitioner cleared an acupoint. A great deal of trial and error was involved.