Chapter 11

Draco didn't remove the gag out of fear of what Harry might say once it was removed. Apart from occasional glances, Draco attempted to avoid looking at the vulnerable boy. Instead, he stared blankly at the wall and tried to erase any thought he had or was having. Numbness equaled no fear or pain, and that's what Draco wanted. There was no way out of this, with him being disarmed by his father before his father had left, and it was only a matter of time before his father called the Dark Lord, which he was surprised that he hadn't already in the hour that he'd spent there. He sat with his knees to his chest on the cold, dark wood floor and tuned out any moans or grunts that sounded from the corner.

Harry could hardly move a muscle. It wasn't the chains restricting him, but his own fear and pain that did it. Fear wasn't even a proper word anymore, he was petrified. Harry noticed the subtle glances at him, but didn't blame Draco for not looking too long. He, in his opinion, was hideous at the moment. His arm was seemed to be decaying, his green eyes losing vibrancy, and he was sure that the blood, that was continuing to ooze from his arm at a scarily rapid pace, was difficult for Draco to ignore.

He regretted the absence of the full moon because then he could've knocked down the door and escaped before Voldemort even heard of his presence. Then a thought popped into his head, Draco was a vampire. Wasn't it obvious? Draco had an advantage point. A way to attack people without a wand being necessary.

Draco stared blankly at the door, the strong smell of blood was filling the room and it was becoming too much. His fangs had been out for half of the hour, but he used all of his strength to not injure the boy. Draco owed him and that's why he couldn't worsen his condition, right? Suddenly, the occasional grunts or moans became muffled screams. His temper had been short, for it was difficult to concentrate on not hurting the boy when he was being distracted. So, he ignored the dim cries and screams, that were becoming increasingly desperate.

It had become too much and his temper was too hard to control. Draco lunged at the boy, not biting, but merely pushing the boy down by his shoulders, climbing on top of him and staring at him, with rage circulating throughout his body and blood. The boy under him winced when Draco had grabbed the shoulder that was connected to his decaying arm and the cry was noticeably not muffled. The gag had come undone when Draco had pushed him.

Lucius clearly wasn't paying much attention when he gagged the sickly boy, but that was exactly what Harry needed. "Draco," Harry breathed out, with difficulty, under the honey, but strong, boy. "Y-you're a vampire!"

This incompetent sentence only made Draco's grip tighter and his breathing heavier. The breath must've been hot on Harry's face because he seemed uncomfortable every time a breath was drawn and released. "Brilliant! Couldn't have told you that myself, idiot Potter!" Draco sneered, any remnant of restraint was quickly depleting.

"You can bite!" Harry yelled, his heart beating out of his chest.

Draco pushed the boy away, getting back to his feet, so he could back away. He clumsily hit into the desk chair, but that wasn't the bigger issue at the moment. Draco realized he must've broken the chains, Harry was struggling to his feet and was visibly weak. "I'm not going to bite you, Potter!" Draco said defensively and a guy wrenching feeling in his chest was making it difficult for him to keep his breaths steady.

Harry shook him head, feeling as if he was going to faint. "No, not me." He shakily said, in an almost whisper. "T-Them, Draco, the—" Harry began, but his weak legs gave in, as his consciousness slowly faded.

The room was small, so Draco was able to stop him from hitting the floor and instead fall into Draco's chest. The feeling in his chest only worsened from this. He loved his mother and father. Yes, they made bad decisions, but no one was perfect and Draco knew that they loved him. He wouldn't be able to bite them and risk turning them, there was no way. But one more glance down at the boy that was limp against him and being held up by a loose grip on his robes, anger grasped his heart once again and Draco came to a realization. He loved his parents, but a simple puncture of the neck was well deserved and he was sure they'd forgive him later, once his father came back to his senses.